• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Seven Seas Licenses Fragtime Yuri Manga, Adachi and Shimamura Yuri Novels

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Demonic+Elemental

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:50 pm Reply with quote
I don't think Sayonara, Rose Garden ever had novels. It's just the manga from publisher Mag Garden in MAGxiv.
Florete

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:16 am Reply with quote
Seven Seas, my birthday actually isn't for another couple weeks but don't worry, I'll happily accept this today!
mgosdin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:44 am Reply with quote
Yes, take the rest of my money, I'm happy.

Mark Gosdin
Expias

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:51 am Reply with quote
I haven't read any of these but I'm excited to be able to. More yuri content, more life.
TanyaTheEvil

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:10 am Reply with quote
I am so looking forward to these when they come out
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:13 pm Reply with quote
Two series that's getting anime adaptations, 1 anthology containing fan-favorite yuri manga-ka, 1 historical themed yuri manga, and 1 manga I heard is quite popular among fans nowadays (though I wished they localize the title to "Useless Princesses" as it has a better ring to it). This is a solid slate of titles.
zensunni

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:39 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
Two series that's getting anime adaptations, 1 anthology containing fan-favorite yuri manga-ka, 1 historical themed yuri manga, and 1 manga I heard is quite popular among fans nowadays (though I wished they localize the title to "Useless Princesses" as it has a better ring to it). This is a solid slate of titles.

This is quite the batch, isn't it! Other than the anthology, which I've probably read some of the one-shots from and don't know it yet, the only one I'm not familiar with is Goodbye, My Rose Garden and that sounds like it could be the most interesting of the bunch. I am quite a fan of the others, Adachi and Shimamura and Failed Princesses in particular, though I agree with darkchibi07 that Useless Princesses, as it has been referred to in the fan community already, would have been better. I don't know what the direct translation of the title is, but the association of that title with the other common phrase used in yuri fan commentary about protagonists like the ones in that story that also contains the word "Useless" as the first part of the phrase makes it a much better fit...

And really, Fragtime was good, it was just so long ago that I read it that it's not as fresh in my mind as the others. I have a vague memory of not feeling like the ending was satisfying... but it could be another series that I'm thinking of...

The biggest fish out there that isn't licensed right now would have to be Hana Ni Arashi... I'd love to see that picked up... and animated!

mgosdin wrote:
Yes, take the rest of my money, I'm happy.

Mark Gosdin

I couldn't agree more.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:01 pm Reply with quote
I think the title I’m most looking forward to is Syrup if only because we rarely seem to get manga and anime titles about adults.
marshmallowpie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:15 pm Reply with quote
Whoa... Seven Seas showing they're number one and the original when it comes to yuri, haha. But it must be a very disappointing set of announcements to anyone who likes the non-yuri stuff they release.

Very interested in Syrup, especially with Yoshimura Kana. Also, a certain yuri enthusiast whose tastes don't line up well with mine seemed to hate it for some reason, although I can't seem to find her post about it.

Another Yuri novel, and especially in print is cool, although I'll want to wait and see if I enjoy the author's Sayaka novels, or see if the anime is any good to me.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:21 pm Reply with quote
Just take all my money!
Sewingrose

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:42 am Reply with quote
Never heard of Fragtime but as a scifi buff the premise alone has me sold, I'll have to make sure I pick up a copy.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1