• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: ComiXology, Kodansha Comics to Complete English Release of The Drops of God Manga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whiskeyii

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:06 pm Reply with quote
Wooo! I mean, I'm excited about this series alone, but does this mean it's possible to license rescue titles that lapsed partway through now? :O
pharmboy23

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:29 pm Reply with quote
Every time they do this my heart dies a little when it’s not the resurrection of Kindaichi Case Files...
R. Kasahara

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:02 pm Reply with quote
This is one of my favorite manga ever, and I'm so happy that I'll be able to read the rest of it now Anime cry Hoping for a print release later on, but given its length, it's a bit of a long shot...

whiskeyii wrote:
Wooo! I mean, I'm excited about this series alone, but does this mean it's possible to license rescue titles that lapsed partway through now? :O

It's happened before! I think the last high-profile rescue of this sort was Initial D. Still holding out hope for Sgt. Frog here.
Dop.L

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:25 pm Reply with quote
Presumably this is digitally, as it'd be nice to read the stuff Vertical didn't release, as I missed one volume which seemed to be going for stupid prices, and then there was a big skip to the Napa Valley stuff which meant a whole load was missed out.

Would probably prefer printed versions, though, as what i did read i liked.
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:12 pm Reply with quote
Wow.

I never thought I'd see this day. The Drops of God is one of my favourite manga to this day. So much so, that I purposely pre-ordered or bought Vertical's volumes on the week of release at Canada's Book Overlord to show support.

Time to mull over how to support this series...

R. Kasahara wrote:
Hoping for a print release later on, but given its length, it's a bit of a long shot...

A bit? T__T

Only Aria can have three chances at life.
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:06 am Reply with quote
How ‘bout 3xe Eyes and Eden, Endless World, too, while you’re at it? Wink And Cromartie High, too. And that Mushishi-esque germ manga whose name escapes me, but which isn’t Cells at Work.

Last edited by GATSU on Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:10 am; edited 1 time in total
jdnation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:00 pm Reply with quote
Is this a good sign that we'll get this title in print again?

Have all the volumes they released so far. But if it's just digital, then that's a bummer.

I believe Vertical said they were happy with sales, but the Japanese side wanted a publisher who'd get larger sales volumes and so the split with Vertical over this title happened...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1