• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Given GN 1

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Puniyo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:55 pm Reply with quote
Isn't Ritsuka's surname Uenoyama?
Quite a nice review otherwise, I had no idea it's already coming out in English - seemed like quite a quiet release. I'll have to pick it up.
kogamisdad

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:39 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, Uenoyama is called Uenoyama more than anything else in the series, so that made it confusing to try and keep up with during the review as often as he’s mentioned with a different name. Happy to finally be able to pick this series up.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:27 am Reply with quote
It seems like the Given anime went with a more streamlined approach with it's adaptation. From what I've heard, the second half of the manga doesn't focus on Rituska and Mafuyu and is more focused on the other guys. I appreciate the anime was more well rounded with the entire cast so I'm not sure how I would feel about the manga dividing the character focus up like this but I'm still curious to read the manga.
Jefcat

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:28 am Reply with quote
I didn’t notice much difference in the pacing between Volume 1 of the manga. It pretty much covered the first three episodes of the anime for all the four main characters. The anime padded some bits of its narrative with bits culled from the one shots, but the anime is a very faithful adaptation of the manga so far.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1