• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: One Piece Stampede Film Review

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LoriasGS

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:23 pm Reply with quote
I was wandering who they'd get to play Blackbeard and Sabo since they both had to be recast. I wonder who they'll eventually get for Sengoku.

Thinking back to Chris Rager's Arlong I can see him as Blackbeard but I'm having a harder time picturing Johnny Yong Bosch as Sabo, though he does have quite a good range when he needs to. I've mostly only seem his as the slimy untrustworthy types like Izaya Orihara but if he's going closer to the Ichigo end of his range then it could work for Sabo.
russ869

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 3:27 pm Reply with quote
As someone who doesn't really follow the series and only watches the movies, I thought this movie was pretty disappointing compared to the previous two. Also even the animation wasn't as good if you ask me. There was a lot of motion that looked too fast and jerky, and it was mostly close up shots with very few wide shots which made it very hard to follow what was happening sometimes.
Qulex

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 7:37 pm Reply with quote
russ869 wrote:
As someone who doesn't really follow the series and only watches the movies, I thought this movie was pretty disappointing compared to the previous two. Also even the animation wasn't as good if you ask me. There was a lot of motion that looked too fast and jerky, and it was mostly close up shots with very few wide shots which made it very hard to follow what was happening sometimes.

"As someone who doesn't really follow the series and only watches the movies, I thought this movie was pretty disappointing compared to the previous two."
I found the problem. It was a fanservice celebration movie since it was the series' anniversarry. All the references and characters would obviously fly over your head.

https://www.sakugabooru.com/post?tags=one_piece%3A_stampede+ Here's all the mvoie's Sakuga, show me the jerky and to hard to follow animation. It's easily better animated than Film Gold and one of the best looking shonen movies in general, go look at Gold's Sakuga for a comparison.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1