• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Shirobako Anime Film Returns to Theaters With Remastered Footage on August 28

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joemuszynski

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:35 am Reply with quote
Anyone know if this film will be making it to the USA in any form? I'd like to see it!
Neko-sensei

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:45 am Reply with quote
Kaede Yuasa plays Mai Okudo (奥戸真衣), a younger worker to whom Misa is rather unsuccessfully trying to be a good sempai. She's in the center of this photo.
Zen119

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:03 pm Reply with quote
Well, the chances of watching it this year is now gone since the Japan BD won’t be out until next year. Still I’ll wait some more.

ANN should have added that Sentai Filmworks is re-releasing Shirobako TV series with a Complete Collection BD that has an English dub on October 13, 2020.
xxmsxx

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:03 pm Reply with quote
Zen119 wrote:
Well, the chances of watching it this year is now gone since the Japan BD won’t be out until next year. Still I’ll wait some more.

Second this. This was a big film to look forward to this year along with the now-delayed Sailor Moon Eternal. I am just glad I got to see Made in Abyss last week in theatres. It will likely be the last one for this year ┳_┳
fuuma_monou

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:49 pm Reply with quote
Zen119 wrote:
ANN should have added that Sentai Filmworks is re-releasing Shirobako TV series with a Complete Collection BD that has an English dub on October 13, 2020.

Thanks for the heads up. Usually only check Right Stuf for pre-orders, and it's not listed on their website yet.

ETA: Pre-order is also up on Right Stuf's site, it just doesn't show up on the instant search results; have to click on "show all results".
Zen119

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:45 pm Reply with quote
fuuma_monou wrote:
Thanks for the heads up. Usually only check Right Stuf for pre-orders, and it's not listed on their website yet.

ETA: Pre-order is also up on Right Stuf's site, it just doesn't show up on the instant search results; have to click on "show all results".

The only thing that is kinda sad about the release is that it will still not include the 2 OVAs that was the first episode of Exodus and Third Aerial Girls Squad.
fuuma_monou

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:02 pm Reply with quote
Zen119 wrote:
The only thing that is kinda sad about the release is that it will still not include the 2 OVAs that was the first episode of Exodus and Third Aerial Girls Squad.

Maybe they'll be bundled with the release of the movie on U.S. Blu-ray?
yuna49

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:11 am Reply with quote
Zen119 wrote:

Third Aerial Girls is still available on YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiK6QBkV0gU

Exodus was once there, too, but it appears to have been pulled. I thought it was pretty weak myself.

Third Aerial Girls deserved a series of its own, especially after Musashino and the manga-ka reached an agreement on the ending. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdbwWVBtPyQ
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1