• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shojo Beat

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saeryen

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:11 pm Reply with quote
I really love all things shoujo, and thus I’m a huge fan of Shojo Beat.

My favorite Shojo Beat manga are (currently) Yona of the Dawn, Natsume’s Book of Friends, The Demon Prince of Momochi House and Kakuriyo: Bed and Breakfast for Spirits. There are also tons I wanna read.

What are your favorite Shojo Beat titles?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Apocatiel

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:04 am Reply with quote
Saeryen wrote:

What are your favorite Shojo Beat titles?

I am currently reading "Honey and Clover". I *SO* LOVE it! It's a great slice-of-life story for a group of students at an art school and their sensei - heartbreaking, heartwarming, comedic, sad - the full gamut of emotions.

I'm on volume 8, which I bought in Japanese because the Viz/Shojo Beat English edition was selling for like $600 - what the heck? (all of the other volumes were about $10 on Amazon.)

So I searched for H&C Volume 8 in Japanese, and found that my favourite Japanese Ebay seller was selling a limited edition of Volume 8 - in Japanese - that came with a H&C Kuruta deck. For about $35 including shipping! AWESOME! (If only I had someone to play it with - Anime smile )

So I am now working on reading my first untranslated manga. Lots of dictionary use, but I am really enjoying the process. Slower though! Anime smile

I love Honey and Clover so much that I have on order both the 2 anime box sets and the live-action movie.

Honey and Clover manga - highly recommended! Anime smile

~Apocatiel
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1