• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gust's Blue Reflection Game Gets TV Anime in April

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:18 am Reply with quote
Ooooh! I did not expect this to get an anime! From the looks of it, it looks to be different from the game. That being sad, I didn't like that the game tended to indulge in fanservicey bits, so here's hoping the anime cuts those out, though I'm not holding my breath. Who knows? I'll wait and see.
CorneredAngel

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:36 pm Reply with quote
And, other than that one OVA from way back when, all us Trails in the Sky / Trails of Cold Steel fans have are just hopes and dreams!

There is no justice in the world!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
tsog

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:24 pm Reply with quote
I'm sad that the anime character designs look very different from Kishida Mel's Sad

Surprised I haven't seen any rumors of this anime; they sure kept this a secret.
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:06 pm Reply with quote
I dont think none of us saw this coming. I'm excited to watch this. I was definitely expecting Yoru no nai Kuni to get an anime before this. It did come before.

CorneredAngel wrote:
And, other than that one OVA from way back when, all us Trails in the Sky / Trails of Cold Steel fans have are just hopes and dreams!

There is no justice in the world!

You're acting as if Koei tecmo made Trails when it is Falcom. Trails has nothing to do with this.
chrisb
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:07 pm Reply with quote
They better keep the dubstep magical girl battles or I will raise hell.
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:45 am Reply with quote
Wow, i would have never expected it! Overall the game was disappointing, however, i remember crying a lot at the end spoiler[( Yuzu & Lime Anime cry ),] also the atmosphere of the boss fights was really captivating, they ought to make them as frightening in the anime.

Maybe my ridiculous wish to see a Nights of Azur anime might be fulfilled someday, more Atelier and a real Ar tonelico tv anime would be more widely accepted though.
Sailor Sedna

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:07 pm Reply with quote
JC Staff is not an animation studio I particularly like with some exceptions, but I never expected an anime of this game to be made, might give it a watch.
#HayamiLover

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:54 am Reply with quote
The teaser for this adaptation reminded me of Tomazaki-kun. Both titles have incredibly good art from famous illustrators, but the studio for some reason simplified and made it generic.
tomdean

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:13 pm Reply with quote
I enjoyed the game much more than it deserved. If it wasn't so breathtakingly beautiful, it would have been one of those very disappointing games you will never remember again. but as it were, it was a good way to spend 20 odd hours. I'm not particularly looking forward to the anime now that they have changed the artist, i guess i'll watch it if there's nothing else on that season...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1