• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Oversummoned, Overpowered, and Over It!

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Novels
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Available via J-Novel Club's chapter reads as they come out. Though you have to be a member.

Oversummoned, Overpowered, and Over It!

Another Isekai light novel, where our hapless protagonist gets summoned to another world to fight the Demon Lord, well not quite. He is actually rinsed through multiple worlds due to summonings, rendering him with multiple divine gifts, before finally settling on his final world. But turns out, on this world, he was one too many. He arrived with the three summoned heroes, but he is not one of them, and his powers are not quite like theirs.

The conceit behind this show, is what if in the middle of your hero training, there is a spoiler[quite bloody palace coup, with a noble massacre, and the massacre of some of your friends and aquitances.]

So why am I posting about this in this forum, which is quite dead, and usually seems like an exercise in futility (it is an ANIME News Network so I guess it is understandable). Well because the end of Volume 1 Part 9, ended on a bloody countdown and the following words, spoiler[ "The sun's set" and "It's my turn now".]. Why is it worth writing about, well for me what came during it was some awesome character writing. While I don't think this will turn out to be a series pivitol moment, it is the moment, I became fully invested into this series. Much like the scene in the final momemts of episode 15 of Re:Zero for me.

Yeah, it is completely overpowered Isekai'ness, but give it a try.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Novels All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1