• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Producer Talks about Highlander

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DKL

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:37 am Reply with quote
As a dedicated Madhouse fan, it's pretty easy to see where my loyalties reside, so I guess there's no real need for me to indicate on which side of the fence I'm on (in fact, I should track down someone who speaks Japanese and is a hardcore Madhouse fan... and then we should like form a fan-site or some damn thing).

THAT SAID, I'm actually still a really big Miyazaki fan and consider Ghibli to be an incredibly respectable studio... they do quality work (even though it really does seem like Miyazaki is the only director there... yeah, there's more, but... uhh... well, you know... and this is as opposed to Madhouse, that has like several quality-ass directors).

Hey, Tomomi Mochizuki had something with them (Ghibli)

... wish I could check it out, but where's the release?

Uhh... oh yeah, Kawajiri...

Dude, I normally don't like to point stuff like this out, but the producer sounds like a total douche...

I REALLY REALLY hope that this man didn't have too much control over what Kawajiri was doing...

Seriously.
Onizuka666

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:55 pm Reply with quote
Hi there Marshall, nice to meet another u.k fan.

I too saw the same trailer, and if I know Kawajiri's work it'll be a cracker, worth buying like Ninja Scroll. Because of the Kawajiri also worked on Ninja Scroll, as well as the superb Wicked City, might explain Manga Entertainment picking it up.

Manga hate long series but love quick fix action anime. What they don't realise is this is why they don't sell as much anime these days. They need to start doing regular series that fans want, or do they? Ghost in the Shell SAC is good, but is action all they do?

Highlander I feel is a luke warm series with okayish films, I'd watch it buy not buy it. This anime I would purchase though.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Chiyosuke

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:09 pm Reply with quote
[quote="GATSU"]Chiyosuke:
Quote:
Heh heh, I found it pretty interesting that Imagi use to own Madhouse

It sounds like BS, since I've never even heard of Imagi until recently. Most likely, it's just a situation where one of MadHouse's shareholders jumped ship to Imagi, and so now Munroe can claim they "owned" the latter company at one point.
Rolling Eyes

Munroe the dick:

Quote:
We owned at one point Madhouse in Japan, which is not the top tier but it's in the second tier level of anime houses.

Actually, that may have been true at the time. I went and checked it after I saw that article and it was weirdly written (Imagi is a Chinese company btw), but basically stated that Madhouse had a relationship with them (they worked together on the Chinese CG animation Zentrix, Madhouse was a co-producer I believe). But, damn how many time is this now that Madhouse was owned by or owned some other company? Remember Urbanvision? And, NO, they did not own UV!! There's Imagi and also this really weird imaginary "strong" relationship between them and Geneon USA that a few of my AoD brethern seem to think exist (I doubt their relationship's any stronger than any other company they deal with, well, owners and relative companies aside. lol). Madhouse is currently owned by Index Corporation (though last I checked, Index merged with someone else, so I don't know what the current parent's name is).

Still, calling Madhouse second tier is laugh inducingly funny, if not (amusingly) insulting (my opinion)...

Lemar
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:40 pm Reply with quote
Onizuka: Not too familiar with Brit slang. Cracker means something else here entirely. Rolling Eyes Can you clarify?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3