• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Record of Lodoss War: Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth Game Gets Console Release on December 16

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
meruru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:36 am Reply with quote
I can't get over that her running, jumping (not the spin jump though), and sword swinging animations super look traced from Castlevania Symphony of the Night, yet they haven't been pressured to fix it, and as far as I know, the creators aren't associated with the creators of Symphony of the Night in any way. When something like that happens with anime, it's a scandal.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:17 am Reply with quote
Can’t argue with more Metroidvania/Igavania.

Has anything been done with Lodoss as a property besides this and some cameos in the Grancrest War game?
Themaster20000

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:48 am Reply with quote
The game is an average Metroidvania. Has fun combat,but besides exploring a couple of sidepaths, it's completely linear. The story is nonsense. I don't even know why they bothered getting the IP,since it didn't add anything to it. Worth a look at a sale price.
Rosiero

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:48 pm Reply with quote
Themaster20000 wrote:
The story is nonsense. I don't even know why they bothered getting the IP,since it didn't add anything to it. Worth a look at a sale price.

I beg to differ--the story is quite simple, and Deedlit's journey packs more of an emotional fun if you're a fan of the series since you'll react in a similar way to her when she runs into the other characters again.
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:25 pm Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:

Has anything been done with Lodoss as a property besides this and some cameos in the Grancrest War game?

Lodoss War has had various video games back in the 90s, and we even got the Diablo-clone side story game that came out on the Dreamcast.
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:54 pm Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:

I remember a new Lodoss novel coming out a few years back. But there hasn't been much publication about it.

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-06-21/1st-new-record-of-lodoss-war-novel-in-12-years-rescheduled-to-august-1/.148107

Apart from that, I never did know how the Shin part of the novels ended.
russ869

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:57 pm Reply with quote
This game was fun, and they played a lot of clever tricks with how you need to swap between the two elemental magics. But Luna Nights is much better (a metroidvania centered entirely around the stop time mechanic). Where's the console release for that one, man? Sound track for both of these games is also amazing. I hope ladybug continues making metroidvania games.
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:27 pm Reply with quote
russ869 wrote:
But Luna Nights is much better (a metroidvania centered entirely around the stop time mechanic). Where's the console release for that one, man?

Luna Nights has been available on Xbox One & Switch since the end of 2020. I should know, since I have it on the latter.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1