• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bunny Drop's Yumi Unita Draws New 1-Shot on October 29

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flü

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:48 am Reply with quote
I sure hope no one marries their 20+ years youngers adopted child in this one.
Zynurosa

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:18 pm Reply with quote
evey time I see Yumi Unita's name mentioned anywhere, I know for a fact that eveyone is gonna shit on her because she decided to turn Usagi Drop into a surprise incest series at the last minute Laughing . why would you curse your career like that?
BinBouGami1234

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:08 pm Reply with quote
It's honestly hilarious that she really tanked a huge amount of respect she had built up just cause she decided an incest plot twist would be a good idea.
Swissman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:55 pm Reply with quote
Usagi drop's ending wasn't a "plot twist". It's "surprising" and controversial ending was already foreshadowed by how young Rin was relating to Daikichi (f.e. by refusing to call him "dad"). Sometimes I wonder if I'm the only one who wasn't shocked by the story's ending... endings like these are not uncommon in manga.

I wonder how the new 1-shot will be. I'm currently reading Unita's Slumbering Beauty and I got the 1st volume of Para Para Days in japanese but haven't read it yet. In my opinion, Yumi Unita is a quite skilled josei artist who deserves more respect than what she gets in the U.S. for Bunny Drop's ending.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sekaro

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:39 pm Reply with quote
Are people really still harping on about the author's previous work which was made more than 10 years ago? Someone even made an account just to insult her... Move on, people. If u don't have anything worthwhile to say then just don't bother posting on anything related to the author. Rolling Eyes
Mizuki-Takashima

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:11 am Reply with quote
I saw episode 1 of Usagi Drop and thought to myself "Huh. I sure hope this doesn't end in incest" but then it did. Or at least the manga did.

The anime in isolation is pretty wholesome, but in the back of my mind I kept thinking "Please don't pull a Tale of Genji"
prime_pm

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:16 am Reply with quote
Sekaro wrote:
Are people really still harping on about the author's previous work which was made more than 10 years ago? Someone even made an account just to insult her... Move on, people. If u don't have anything worthwhile to say then just don't bother posting on anything related to the author. Rolling Eyes

People have already been getting "cancelled" (Christ I hate this stupid meme) over comments they made decades ago. Shouldn't be a big surprise anymore.

My advice: Wear your Scarlet Letter with pride.

Clarificarion: the pride of wearing the letter and standing out as a martyr, not necessarily the pride of what you did to get the letter.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1