• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[Anime] What Japanese Video Game do You Want to See in an Anime Adaptation?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LinkDiver2000

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2022 3:18 pm Reply with quote
In the anime community, Japanese games - whether JRPG or fighting games - are being adapted into anime shows, such as Persona 5 the Animation, Scarlet Nexus and Blazblue Alter Memory. As the video game anime adaptations grow, I had a thought: ‘what does anyone want their video games to be seen as an anime adaptation?’ Which brings me here to ask you people of the anime and game communities what video game do you want to see as an anime.

As a Digimon fan, I want to see Digimon World: Next Order adapted as an anime. The story was great and the Meicrackmon VM episode treated Meicoomon with respect besides the other Digimon anime. And if that were to happen, I would imagine playable characters Takuto and Shiki to be dual protagonists - with Takuto having Agumon and Gabumon as his dual partners and Shiki having Biyomon and Palmon as hers - and Luche to have Gumdramon and Shoutmon as her dual partners. I would even imagine Meicrackmon VM being an enemy at first, but after being cured, it joins the group in fighting the final enemy. I even wrote about it in the Digimon Partners digitalk section here:
https://digimon-partners.net/chitchat/digitalk/7247/

As for other games, I would love to see Tales of Arise getting an anime adaptation, as well as Pokémon Scarlet and Violet with two versions merged into one story. What Japanese video game do you want to see as an anime adaptation?
Jose Cruz

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2022 1:54 pm Reply with quote
I would like to see Elden Ring adapted. Although it's a very westernized videogame with western writing (lore written by the same guy as Game of Thrones) and a rather realistic character design (except for characters who are not human like Ranni), its the kind of story that would work well adapted to animation.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Saeryen

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 2:54 pm Reply with quote
I would love to see Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin get an anime. I’ve seen that there is a manga, so I’m hopeful. It’s such a heartfelt and lovely story.

Pretty Princess Party might work as a cute little story for kids.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1