• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: NIS America Releases Rhapsody: Marl Kingdom Chronicles Collection of Sequel Games for PS5, Swi

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Siegfriedl88

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:01 pm Reply with quote
nice! unexpected but im looking forward to trying these two out.

Played through Nis Classics 3 last year and I forgot how morbid some of those scenes in the 1st game actually were Razz given all i remembered was how cutesy the DS cover was.
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:21 pm Reply with quote
Oh wow! They're actually bringing the Rhapsody sequels to the US after all these years?! Awesome! I've heard good things about them, and a friend of mine really likes the series, so I bet they'd be happy to hear about this! Definitely buying the games for sure! Very Happy

Wait, is the collector's edition only gonna have a PS5 version of the game? I don't have that but I do have the Switch, and I hope they make a collector's edition with the Switch in it, too.
Siegfriedl88

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:28 pm Reply with quote
FireChick wrote:

Wait, is the collector's edition only gonna have a PS5 version of the game? I don't have that but I do have the Switch, and I hope they make a collector's edition with the Switch in it, too.

https://store.nisamerica.com/rhapsody-marl-kingdom-chronicles/rhapsody-marl-kingdom-chronicles-limited-edition-nintendo-switch
Haterater

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:29 pm Reply with quote
So excited!! This is what I hoped would happen one day and its here! Thank you NISA!
OtomeGay

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:04 pm Reply with quote
Loved the first Rhapsody! So glad to see we're finally getting the sequels, I can't wait to play them! Very Happy
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:58 pm Reply with quote
I'm surprised the superior sequels are getting localized, especially Tenshi no Present, that had no chance of such until now.
Covnam

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:41 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, I wonder if NIS classics will come to ps4/5 or even just the first game from the 3rd collection considering these are the sequels to that game (not sure how necessary it is plot wise though)
Triltaison

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:54 pm Reply with quote
Awesome news! I really loved the DS one we got a while ago. I didn't know it was part of a series, so I'll probably be getting this.
Cruz_Raul

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:34 pm Reply with quote
a dream come true, the two best sequels to great game, The Marl Saga now it's complete, Rhapsody, Little Princess, Tenshi no Present and La Pucelle: Ragnarok
MFrontier

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:25 am Reply with quote
That's pretty awesome!
tootbrush

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:46 am Reply with quote
Cruz_Raul wrote:
a dream come true, the two best sequels to great game, The Marl Saga now it's complete, Rhapsody, Little Princess, Tenshi no Present and La Pucelle: Ragnarok

There's still Antiphona no Seikahime, which is set in the same world as those titles. But I doubt they'll bother porting/localizing that one.
SenpaiDuckie
ANN Community Manager

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:50 am Reply with quote
OMG I AM HYPED! Shocked

In truth... I never knew that there was a sequel to Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure! Not one.... but two! So I am super hyped to get the collector's! It was Rhapsody that really introduced me to JRPG. So this is definitely close to my heart <3
Darkabomination

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:23 pm Reply with quote
As glad as I am to see them come over at last, it's a huge bummer the songs won't be dubbed like the first. Having a good dub in the PS1 era, let alone good singing was unheard of, and it really helped connect with the silly songs and comedic timing.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1