• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
I Got a Cheat Skill in Another World [and Became Unrivaled in the Real World, Too] (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Edjwald

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 5:45 am Reply with quote
Well, it's pretty pointless to get worked up about harem romance because the protagonist is either going to wind up with all of them, or is going to pull that indecisive, "I've got such low self esteem or low testosterone that I'm just going to pretend I can't pick up on any signals even when the woman is giving me a lap dance dressed as a French maid" routine.

But if you still want to argue about which female is best, I'd like to point out that Kaori is the only one who liked Yuuya before he became some kind of steel jawed, spiky haired lust magnet. It's true that she hasn't had much to do except be rescued while the latest harem add-ons get tossed against the wall like pasta, but you should have been able to figure out that was going to happen the first time that Cheeselord "I want to protect her smile" line came out for the four thousand and sixteenth time since I started watching anime.

I should also point out that Kaori and Yuuya had a vibe going on during the one social occasion where terrorists or natural disasters or wild animals didn't show up (at the cafe).. She's been isolated because she has such high status, good grades, and great looks, and he's been isolated because ...ummm...he didn't have high status, good grades, or great looks, to the point where everyone was afraid he might be socially contagious. And somehow they met in the middle, which I find at least kind of interesting.

And no, I'm not writing this in a custom made Kaori Snuggee or anything. Shut up! I hate you!
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 6:13 am Reply with quote
Wow. Looks like somebody has fallen hook, line and sinker for Kaori's "Perfect Little Good Girl" act. Sad. I wouldn't want to be around when Edjwald finds out she's actually the leader of an all-girl juvie gang that rides around on hogs at night and trafficks high school girls into compensated dating rings... while dealing designer drugs to middle schoolers, of course.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 9:06 am Reply with quote
Say what you will, but I would trust her over the princess. Yuuya has barely exchanged a few sentences with the princess and yet she is already pushing for marriage and getting people killed each time she wants to go to the forest.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 9:58 am Reply with quote
Oh, Princess is Worst Girl, for sure. Hell, even Edjwald isn't stumping for her, so that just shows you how beyond the pale she is. Wink
Edjwald

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 4:21 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Wow. Looks like somebody has fallen hook, line and sinker for Kaori's "Perfect Little Good Girl" act. Sad. I wouldn't want to be around when Edjwald finds out she's actually the leader of an all-girl juvie gang that rides around on hogs at night and trafficks high school girls into compensated dating rings... while dealing designer drugs to middle schoolers, of course.

It'd be worth it just to see what happened next. Would Kaori die in some meth lab like explosion, or would the next thing Yuuya saved her from be herself? After all, they have to run out of exotic animals and natural disasters sooner or later.

(I want to protect her crazed sadistic leer...)
Edjwald

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 5:40 pm Reply with quote
Edjwald wrote:
(I want to protect her crazed sadistic leer...)

Oops, that was Infinite Jest's line Wink
InfiniteJest

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 6:49 pm Reply with quote
Gotta embrace the chaos!
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 2:04 pm Reply with quote
hahahaha, oh god this episode, were do I even start.

First there is the fact that the other two students foraged things like black truffles and other legendary herbs/shrooms.

Then there was the scene with Yuuya being a cooking god and causing his busty teacher to prowl on him for marriage like the slob cougar she clearly is.

Then it was time for some solid T and A and for clarification: the A stands for abbs in this case. Also plenty of boob fondling and jealousy over said big boobs of course.

Then we have a mystery intruder and blond noble guy spotting bear tracks but deciding that it would be better to stay silent and go into the woods without any kind of warning to the others.

Then we have Yuuya man handling the huge bear while ending it with a suplex.

Nobody bets an eye at said strength and everybody just thinks that being good at PE makes you able to handle a bear.

Mr bear has been made into a mascot of the area and will get turned into meat if he does not behave, which he understands.

Yuuya took Luna out like nothing at all.

The princess in dress can run faster than her trained elite knights can.

Princess, Yuuya and Luna will have a talk no jitsu next week,
Edjwald

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 4:23 am Reply with quote
smurky turkey wrote:
hahahaha, oh god this episode, were do I even start.

I know what you mean. I can't even come up with a metaphor for this. Maybe it's like watching that show Smallville, if Clark Kent was in a mental ward instead of a high school?

Forget all the bear shenanigans...though I would like to commend the author on the effort that he/she/it obviously put into in-depth research on bears before writing this episode...the thought that kept coming back to me was...this is supposed to be the most elite high school in the country?

And yet, I'll be watching next week on the same day this show comes out, which I haven't been doing for Darkness in my Heart or Home Hero. I'm still watching them, but I'm lagging an episode or two behind.
Edjwald

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 5:15 pm Reply with quote
InfiniteJest wrote:
Gotta embrace the chaos!

Seems to me that the princess takes the crazy prize after this week.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 5:07 am Reply with quote
Well, that sure was another episode.
Real talk though, I would rather jump down a cliff than be around that bratty princess for any period of time. Also kudos to those poor soldiers for constantly having to deal with her bullshit. As for the romance stuff, I am not even going to bother responding to it.

We have another cute new pet added to the collection and it seems like model agency frieza is about to attack the school to get to Yuuya.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:40 am Reply with quote
I love how their school festival is just openly called Sports Ball Festival, instead of messing around with relay races and booths and other non-sportsball events. Does it have a ball? We'll play it! And of course Yuuya has to play in all of the events because random injuries on all the teams. lol

But! Verisimilitude objection! When Yuuya scored the soccer goal, the ball did not tear through the net! It should have spun like a drill and pierced the heavens! (ok it was a static shot, but the ball clearly was easily contained by the net, and the ball didn't even explode)

The tennis game was pretty great though, with Kaori nearly killing everyone in the vicinity with her racket. And Yuuya shaking hands/paws with the Easter Bunny was too cute.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2023 2:31 am Reply with quote
Yeah, at this point the school is actually shady as hell. Letting the press in during a sport festival, sure. Let someone continue playing who is an active danger to others, yeah why not. I did like how the bunny had a carrot flavored drink though. Also, it seems like it is finally time to actually meet that neglected king.
InfiniteJest

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2023 6:46 am Reply with quote
I’m still a week behind but 2 thoughts.

1. Yes the school is bent in some obvious ways. The school nurse? Ms Sadawa who will camp her student in public. Oh and hey kids eat all those mushrooms!

2. Best girls are Kaede and Luna. No debate. Luna has the crazy sexy kick add…did I mention crazy? Yeah I like her. But Kaede still seems more 3d than the other school girls back home.

I am wishing there was a bit more focus on the fighting and maybe some challenge to it. But hey when you can suflex a bear what’s gonna trouble you?

Actually made myself watch my lost recent episode in sun because I wanted to see where it’s going but I’m going back to waiting on the dubs.

Think it’s my favorite Isekai that’s out new atm but that’s not saying much.
Edjwald

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2023 3:42 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
But! Verisimilitude objection! When Yuuya scored the soccer goal, the ball did not tear through the net! It should have spun like a drill and pierced the heavens! (ok it was a static shot, but the ball clearly was easily contained by the net, and the ball didn't even explode)

I think you mean non-verisimilitude objection Smile It says something that the show has gotten to the point where obeying physics is inconsistent.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8