• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Sola

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Draer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:23 am Reply with quote
So has anyone started this series? From watching episode one, I think it's something i'll continue. Animation and art work seem very decent, and the characters aren't all that bland (I found).

A trailer for the people who haven't yet seen/heard of it yet
-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOgRxbOFUb4

And a brief description Very Happy

"Sola's story revolves around Yorito Morimiya, the main protagonist, who is a young boy attending high school. He loves taking pictures of the sky at any time of day and any time of the year. One day, Yorito decides to take a picture of the sunset overlooking the bay, but is deterred when he meets a strange girl trying to force a vending machine that stole her money to give her what she tried to buy — a can of tomato soup. Yorito helps her with forcing the machine while attempting to strike up conversation with her, despite it being four in the morning. Yorito tells her why he is here, but by the time he has forced the can out of the machine, the girl has mysteriouslly vanished."

Quoted from Anidb - "It`s a collaboration project from the writer of Kanon and Da Capo."

Feel free to comment on what you think of the series so far.
Nom_Anor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:10 pm Reply with quote
I think she is a vampire.
spoiler[
1. Tomato Juice
2. She wants to see the sky. Vampires don't associate with sunlight, so she cannot see the sky.
3. She is being hunted by some creepy guy with a sword.
]
digitalkikka

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:37 pm Reply with quote
I watched the first episode yesterday and loved it. Right from the start something about the atmosphere and mood grabbed my attention. I thought it was going to be a slice-of-life romance so I was surprised towards the end of the episode to see spoiler[the guy with the sword]. I'm interested to find out what he's after... and why he had a loli in a box.

I wasn't expecting to like this one much, but I'm definitely hooked. The animation and music were both very nice and as I mentioned before, I really like the atmosphere. This one's been added to my 'watch list' and I'm counting on this and Touka Gettan to be my romance anime this season.

Nom_Anor wrote:
I think she is a vampire.
spoiler[
1. Tomato Juice
2. She wants to see the sky. Vampires don't associate with sunlight, so she cannot see the sky.
3. She is being hunted by some creepy guy with a sword.
]

I don't know if she's a vampire but it's got to be something like that. We never see her during the day and when spoiler[the guy with the sword was going after her, he was turning on lights (or something) which she was running away from.]
omar235

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:53 pm Reply with quote
digitalkikka wrote:
I don't know if she's a vampire but it's got to be something like that. We never see her during the day and when spoiler[the guy with the sword was going after her, he was turning on lights (or something) which she was running away from.]

That pretty much told me she spoiler[was a vampire], I mean how many creature hate sunlight, and apparently she didn't like the light since she stayed in a church during the day, and it is always seen at night. You know I actually was really intrigued by the first episode, I really like the character designs thats pretty much the only solid reason I can give to the reason I liked it so much. In the episode I have to say it seemed that he was really neglective of spoiler[his sister who apparently is sick...and seems she has been that way for a while. I mean it was her birthday (well he was late on giving her the cake) and he just saw the sky and just ran out to take pictures.] Well this is another series I will be keeping an eye on this season...though I don't really have any high expectations for it.
Clodus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:55 pm Reply with quote
i actually saw an ad for this yesterday and finished the first ep because it looked like something interesting. i thought it was pretty good especially the the cliffhanger at the end. the animation was actually very satisfying and theres a character you usually dont see about a boy who likes taking pictures of the sky. one of the characters looks very similar to the girl in rozen maiden. I've decided to stick around and watch the series. I've seen kanon and the less popular 2 season da capo and liked them so this has piqued my interest even more
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
mind over matter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:16 pm Reply with quote
if she was a vampire, why would she be in a church? I thought Vampires were not supposed to like crosses and the like
hentai4me

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:28 pm Reply with quote
mind over matter wrote:
if she was a vampire, why would she be in a church? I thought Vampires were not supposed to like crosses and the like

They aren't really, but the Japanese tend to take a lot of liberties with the whole Vampire mythos.
Rainulf

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:04 pm Reply with quote
I've watched the episode, but the atmosphere of the anime is boring. I don't think she's a vampire though (anime instinct.. =P), if she is, then oh well. I don't really like romance anime with some supernatural in it, but I'll watch this anime anyway since the voice actress for the main heroine is Mamiko Noto.. =P
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:33 pm Reply with quote
It definitely has an interesting concept at the moment, and I also like the feel and mood of the series. Though it hasn't really grabbed my interest just yet.

I have a feeling that I'm going to really like this series. & my instincts are always right when it comes to watching anime. Smile

Rainulf wrote:
but I'll watch this anime anyway since the voice actress for the main heroine is Mamiko Noto... =P

Mamiko Noto FTW indeed. Very Happy
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:24 pm Reply with quote
This series has potential. There's something about Matsuri's outfit that's so damn attractive (I guess she has good taste in clothing Anime catgrin + sweatdrop ). I can't remember the last time I had type of feeling towards her. Anyways, the first episode has definitely sets itself up to a few intriguing plot points which I hope the series will delve into.

EDIT: And now after seeing episode 2, I'm definitely following this one! The dialouge exchanges between Matsuri and Yorito is really engaging and helps developed their relationship with each other. Their relationship really reminded me of Arcueid's and Shiki's relationship in Tsukihime. And it is confirmed that Matsuri is spoiler[not vampire per say. Though she does has to stay away from the sunlight or else she'll turn into dust. Of course she still yearns to see the blue sky. And she has the ability to decay anything she touches.] And I'm really liking Matsuri's character; she's nice and carefree, but at the same time mature and independent.

Great stuff so far for an original production! Razz
Anthony P

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:23 am Reply with quote
Rainulf wrote:
I don't think she's a vampire though (anime instinct.. =P)

Yeah, it almost seems a bit too obvious, doesn't it? I almost felf as if the producers are purposely misleading us so they can throw in some sort of twist in later on. If darkchibi's use of spoiler tags is any indication, we should find out in ep 2.

I'll be following this one, if nothing else for the some of the color utilization in the animation. That caught me from the first few frames; I loved how they used really bright, contrasting colors for the streetlights and other illuminations at night. They also use alot of contrasting cool and warm colors (especially reds, oranges, indigos, and violets} to striking effect. I thought that this combined with the soft music in certain scenes made for a really neat atmosphere.
mind over matter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:18 am Reply with quote
when they call her "woe of the night" I get the feeling that she's not a vampire, but some other kind of new undead creature that they made up
Jedi General

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:43 am Reply with quote
I watched the first episode last night and I found it rather boring. Up until the very end, that is. This series doesn't seem like anything new, and so it hasn't completely grabbed my interest just yet. But, I'll still be following it because I'm interested in finding out what the deal is with Matsuri.

I can see what people think Matsuri is a vampire, but I honestly don't think that she is. That just seems too obvious to be the truth. It is obvious to me that she has a dislike for sunlight, but that isn't a good enough reason for me to jump out and say: "OMG! She's a vampire!!" There must be some logical reason why she avoids sunlight. Perhaps what is contained within darkchibi's spoiler tags is the reason why? I'd better watch episode 2 to see this for myself.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
omar235

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:39 pm Reply with quote
mind over matter wrote:
when they call her "woe of the night" I get the feeling that she's not a vampire, but some other kind of new undead creature that they made up

Well I don't think it is a "new"...wow I was sure she was a vampire...oh well is seems she is just someone who can't go out in to the sunlight or she will turn to dust...can you really blame me heh...well I guess you can but still I wasn't expecting that.

darkchibi07 wrote:
Their relationship really reminded me of Arcueid's and Shiki's relationship in Tsukihime.

What you to. Very Happy Yeah it was one of those "well you may be a freak but I like you so stay at my house while you are being hunted" conversations Shiki and Arcueid had. Razz
Emerje

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:44 pm Reply with quote
Really enjoyed the first two episodes. However, the character I find the most intriguing is the older, sickly, silver-haired sister. What's her deal, she certainly isn't normal?

I suddenly want to take a camera outside with me where ever I go.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6