• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Official Petition Launched for BlazBlue Animation

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Divineking

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:01 pm Reply with quote
Wow...well this is interesting news. Haven't played either Blazblue game(though I intend to), so this could be worthwhile...
Hypeathon

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:03 pm Reply with quote
I haven't played either of the Blazblue games myself (don't have a PS3 or Xbox 360), but it would be really interesting if say Bones or Production I.G were prime candidates for animation studios.
RoverTX

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:11 pm Reply with quote
As long as the required fan service is of Noel and not the vampire girl.....I say go for it!
Apollo-kun

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:13 pm Reply with quote
Because we ALL know that EVERY anime based on a fighting game has been fantastically rich in plot, substance and character development... Not to sound snobby, but just take a look at every anime based on a fighter game. Toshinden, Art of Fighting, Tekken... most of them are terrible. Granted, some of the Street Fighter anime OVAs were great, but I'm still weary of this idea. If done right, BlazBlue's world could make a very entertaining, bombastic action series, but let's face it: it probably wouldn't be done right. Instead of commissioning another fan-pleasing tie-in, why not create some new, quality anime that we so desperately need?

*sighs* In my mid-teens and already sounding like a curmudgeonly
old man Anime cry
Ranma824

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:25 pm Reply with quote
RoverTX wrote:
As long as the required fan service is of Noel and not the vampire girl.....I say go for it!

HA! You wish Razz

Personally, I'm ready for Noel, Rachel, and Litchi fan service.
Losstarot

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:27 pm Reply with quote
Apollo-kun wrote:
Because we ALL know that EVERY anime based on a fighting game has been fantastically rich in plot, substance and character development... Not to sound snobby, but just take a look at every anime based on a fighter game. Toshinden, Art of Fighting, Tekken... most of them are terrible. Granted, some of the Street Fighter anime OVAs were great, but I'm still weary of this idea. If done right, BlazBlue's world could make a very entertaining, bombastic action series, but let's face it: it probably wouldn't be done right. Instead of commissioning another fan-pleasing tie-in, why not create some new, quality anime that we so desperately need?

old man Anime cry

I have to agree with your sentiment here. Unless it's gonna be some kind of all-out action series, I don't think basing a show on a fighting game is all that great of an idea because they always have to deal with their crazy ridiculous storylines.
Panon

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:46 pm Reply with quote
Apollo-kun wrote:

old man Anime cry

I take it you haven't actually played Blazblue. Unlike the fighting games you list, it's story is it's defining feature.

It's story mode is for all intents and purposes a visual novel that just happens to have some fighting game parts spliced into it.
Sorene

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:14 pm Reply with quote
Sweet! I've been hoping for this since the first game came out. I loved the story mode and wished they'd make an anime out of it because it has a lot of potential. The story mode is mostly about plot and less about fighting, it would make for a very intriguing show.
John Casey

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:52 pm Reply with quote
I dunno... :/

Somehow, I get the feeling the only characters who'd carry the series through are Rachel and Hazama.

...Which is exactly what's happening in the games right now... They're about the only interesting characters out there, storywise. Both are trolls, in their own very unique ways... Rachel, of the rhetorical kind, and Hazama of the h4x kind.

Besides, no way in hell would Bang work outside of the games.
Darkrise

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:51 pm Reply with quote
Ahem* For all those who think "Aw great just what we need, a NOTHER fighting game OVA with typical constant fighting and action with weak stories". Look. Go search up Blazblue wiki and you'll see just how WRONG WRONG WRONG you are. Blazblue isn't just popular through the gameplay, it's the story. It's the most strongest and unique story in a fighting game ever. It has an awsome story and if you doubt, then just look it up. It's not just based on some dumb tournament like your "typical" fighting game or a fight for some power. No. It's much much more. Mind you all that it's in imo but I was never really a fighting game fan except that i use to play a bit of street fighter arcades in summer camp but Blazblue was an exception. Love it.
John Casey

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:56 pm Reply with quote
I can't believe you registered here just for the sake of making everyone here aware of your hardcore BlazBlue fanboy status.... Anime dazed I mean, it's not like anyone up in here was even remotely trolling or dissing the series either...sooo...why the hell are you countering people's opinions if they haven't even made them known yet, furthered by the fact that you aren't even aware of the statistical chances of who'd be applicable to your counter-argument.... So, like, what gives? lol
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:04 pm Reply with quote
Hypeathon wrote:
I haven't played either of the Blazblue games myself (don't have a PS3 or Xbox 360), but it would be really interesting if say Bones or Production I.G were prime candidates for animation studios.

You read my mind, comrade.

The FB page says it's unavailable atm but I hope it's up soon so I can "sign the petition" too! However that works. Anime hyper
Haterater

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:10 pm Reply with quote
I'll be happy if they make an aniime out of the joke endings for BlazBlue. The funny stuff they have in the games just scream for a comedy anime.

Not sure if I would like a "serious" anime. Maybe in between or perhaps more storylines focused on characters connected to the serious side of things.
John Casey

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:11 pm Reply with quote
Haterater wrote:
I'll be happy if they make an aniime out of the joke endings for BlazBlue. The funny stuff they have in the games just scream for a comedy anime.

Not sure if I would like a "serious" anime. Maybe in between or perhaps more storylines focused on characters connected to the serious side of things.

Like that short-run omake manga?

I dunno... Those weren't very funny. =_= I'd rather have the Litchi and Kokonoe segments animated. GIGANTIC TAGER! still refuses to leave my mind.
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:32 pm Reply with quote
Considering the fact that the BB games' plots are far more interesting and inspired than a lot of anime released these days I wonder if Mori is trying to tell us something. It could work, though it would hinge on the animation company taking it seriously and focusing on the characters as, well, CHARACTERS as opposed to just having the series be a monotonous blur of fighting.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2