• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Akimbo VOD Adds AnimEigo, AnimeTV, Right Stuf, Voltron

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:00 pm Reply with quote
So with this basically every licensing companies is now available via online. I wonder if AnimEigo is going to make Yawara available for download in the future.
kokuryu

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:34 pm Reply with quote
The settop box is no longer available. It is all a Windows-only item now. Which bites big time. No more subscription services, and The Anime Network is not on the Windows software yet. It is all PPV based now. I'd rather buy the DVDs at this point.
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:47 pm Reply with quote
kokuryu wrote:
The settop box is no longer available. It is all a Windows-only item now. Which bites big time. No more subscription services, and The Anime Network is not on the Windows software yet. It is all PPV based now. I'd rather buy the DVDs at this point.

The older settop boxes is not available, but Akimbo is still available on this settop box:

http://www.akimbo.com/att.asp
samuraiuni

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:05 pm Reply with quote
This is kewl news I have subscribed for the last 4 months to the service with the settop box and now the new Windows software and I like it quite a bits.

Did they say what Right Stuf titles there will be?

kokuryu wrote:
No more subscription services, and The Anime Network is not on the Windows software yet. It is all PPV based now.

You are wrong about that. Rolling Eyes The same subscription plans on the settop box is the same on Windows version. Central Park Media Anime One has subscription on the Windows item. If u don't like PPV tell the Anime company.

I am wishing that Anime Network will be on the Windows Akimbo tho as ADV is the kewl. Cool
Akimbo-Katherine

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:50 pm Reply with quote
samuraiuni wrote:
This is kewl news I have subscribed for the last 4 months to the service with the settop box and now the new Windows software and I like it quite a bits.

Did they say what Right Stuf titles there will be?

I am wishing that Anime Network will be on the Windows Akimbo tho as ADV is the kewl. Cool

We are continuing to work with Anime Network to move them to the Akimbo PC Player platform. Right Stuf will be launched in the summer.

- Katherine, Akimbo CustomerCare
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1