• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Tokusatsu?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dessa

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:34 pm Reply with quote
So, the Encyclopedia does include some live action shows, but I've notice that while there are a number of entries for Kamen Rider (though nowhere near all), Super Sentai is distinctly missing. Should we enter them in (as even a few Japanese schedule sites group anime and tokusatsu together)?

Also, what about the missing Kamen Rider series? Discounting the movies, netmovies, and v-cinema entries, there's still a number of entries missing. Randomly Decade (DCD) is there, but it's the only of the newest 7 series to be listed. And then there's the 35 Super Sentai titles, which are arguably more well known in the US than Kamen Ridedr, thanks to Power Rangers.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:59 am Reply with quote
For live action to qualify for an entry it needs to be connected to an anime. The discussion here is relevant:
animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=349964#349964
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Dessa

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:07 am Reply with quote
In that case... I'm questioning why most of the KR entries are on there. I know there's a couple anime (one of which is connected to an unlisted series, Den-O), and a manga, but I know Decade doesn't have connection to any anime or manga.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:20 am Reply with quote
Because they were added years before that post by someone who thought they belonged is the only response I can give. Other than http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Other_stuff_exists
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1