• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What Anime have you found the most touching?

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lone Wolf and Cub

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:48 pm Reply with quote
balla wrote:
I agree totally since I just finished this series a week ago. I am keeping my fingers crossed that they will make a season 2.

No kidding, this series could have easily been at least another ten eps or so, but oh well. I have been told over and over again to get over it, there won't be a second season, or movie or anything like that. Although it is hard to accept, it's getting a lil bit easier. *goes to grab his hankey*

~LoneWolf
Mitsuhide A.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 11:07 pm Reply with quote
Although i haven't seen a large variety of full anime series yet, im definately going to have to say Cowboy Bebop. During the last episode i seriously got a bit choked up but dont spread the around i sorta have an image to maintain.
C_Brightshadow

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 12:09 am Reply with quote
Mitsuhide A. wrote:
Although i haven't seen a large variety of full anime series yet, im definately going to have to say Cowboy Bebop. During the last episode i seriously got a bit choked up but don't spread the around i sorta have an image to maintain.

I didn't find the ending to Cowboy Bebop to be too moving... I mean, I'm probably the insensitive jerk, but oh well. Castle in the Sky moved me a lot. It wasn't in the melodramatic way that most move you but it has an almost innocent "go get them" energy that reminds you why you watch anime in the first place.

I'm trying to get around to watching Grave of the Fireflies (always checked out everytime I check... curses), but once I do, it'll probably be the most moving thing I'll ever see.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 12:20 am Reply with quote
These anime has moved me and nearly made me cried:

Voices of the Distant Star
Kanon
Grave of the Fireflies
Now and Then, Here and There
Cardcaptor Sakura the Movie 2: the Sealed Card
Shingetsutan Tsukihime spoiler[I'm pissed that Arcueid got killed]
probably Kimi ga Nozomo Eien
X the movie (note that this is BEFORE I saw the X TV series or read the manga)
Goshin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 12:21 am Reply with quote
"SaiKano", "Saishuu Heiki Kanojo", "She, The Ultimate Weapon"; what ever you want to call it, it has to be the most touching anime series I have ever seen. The struggles between Chise and Shuji have to go through is so heart wrenching.

It’s an emotional masterpiece.

Last edited by Goshin on Sat Jun 19, 2004 3:35 am; edited 1 time in total
lianncoop
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 1:16 am Reply with quote
Hmm...I guess I agree with the people who have posted.

Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuioku Hen - I ALWAYS cry when I watch this and I don't know why.

Voices of a Distant Star - the devotion that Mikako and Noboru have to each other is amazing

Chrno Crusade - the last episode is just...*sniff*

Someday's Dreamers - not really "touching" but more of a feel-good, fulfilling, "I could watch the entire 3 disc set and not get tired of it" anime.

Full Moon wo Sagashite - (I forgot about this one) But, this is a series that will make ANYONE cry. It starts off kinda cheesy, but man..the last half will get ya. I guarantee it.

Last edited by lianncoop on Sat Jun 19, 2004 1:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 1:26 am Reply with quote
lianncoop wrote:
Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuioku Hen - I ALWAYS cry when I watch this and I don't know why.

Voices of a Distant Star - the devotion that Mikako and Noboru have to each other is amazing

Amen amen.

For me though, the most touching would have to be Haibane Renmei. Something about it just gripped me right off and never let go. I was already in tears from the first episode, when spoiler[Rakka's wings grew,] and there were several other moments through the series that were the same. Episode five's ending spoiler[with Rakka & Nemu's spin on the beginning of the world,] pretty much all of the last episode, and the beginning of the first episode the second time I watched it come immediately to mind, for example.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
jfrog

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 1:48 am Reply with quote
Let's see...Galaxy Express 999, Arcadia of My Youth, Farewell Space Battleship Yamato, Voices of a Distant Star, Haibane Renmei, and of course Grave of the Fireflies. And even though it was mostly a comedy, Porco Rosso emotionally affected me in some way that none of Miyazaki's other movies have. I have yet to see Now and Then, Here and There or 3000 Leagues In Search of Mother.

Everyone's mentioning the last episode of Cowboy Bebop, but the 24th episode moved me more. Or the scene where spoiler[Faye first watches the videotape of her as a child]. I dunno, I guess I just identify with Faye's problems a lot more.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
MasterFuu

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 2:02 am Reply with quote
Not sure if you can put "Grave of the Fireflies" in this category but it's very sad movie indeed. Fruits Basket ep 25 was very touching when spoiler[Kyo(cat) hugged Tohru]. Made me almost cry. There are many anime that touched my feelings like Video Girl AI (spoiler[stair's out of glass scene]) and Maison Ikkoku whenspoiler[Godai asked Kyoko if she will marry him and she said YES only if he lives one day longer then her]. That was so sad Sad and romantic(in the sick way hehe). Another touching moment was death of spoiler[Nicolas D.Wolfwood] in Trigun and last moments in Cowboy Bebop(peeps who watched it know what I'm talking about).
Poppycock

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 2:09 am Reply with quote
DBZ special: Bardock The Father of Goku

i started getting tears in my eyes when spoiler[Bardock dies]

ever since i saw this special i thought spoiler[bringing back Bardock from the dead] or showing Bardock spoiler[meating his son] in a fan fiction is retarded
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 2:48 am Reply with quote
If you look at my top 4 of all-time, you'll notice they all possess some pretty emotional and heart-moving characteristics.

1. Rurouni Kenshin (especially Tsuioku-hen)
2. GTO
3. X (TV)
4. Kare Kano

I didn't cry for any of them, but had some tears forming in some of GTO and X (TV). That is, until I slapped myself really hard in the face a couple of times. Confused

I swore I would never cry again after that one moment in my life... Rolling Eyes.
lianncoop
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 3:03 am Reply with quote
Call me heartless, but I don't really get why everyone thinks Grave of the Fireflies is so sad. I mean, it's sad...but that isn't what stood out about it to me. I watched it twice and wasn't even close to being moved to tears. Maybe it's because I had heard it was the "saddest movie I'll ever see," and in that sense, had overhyped it for me.

MasterFuu: I agree with you on that scene from Fruits Basket. Very poignant scene, indeed.
cascade

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 3:12 am Reply with quote
Even though I would like to say N.G. Evangelion or EoE, I would have to say Grave of the Fireflies. Something about it, maybe watching spoiler[the innocent girl die], or just how the hell of the war on the homeland was fact, not fiction like all the other animes.
Sarki-Kun

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:54 am Reply with quote
Hum...Probably I'm not used to cry watching anime, but there are some of them that really touches inside. Maybe if Gainax would continue doing Karekano they'll could arrive at a really touching series, but you know, Gainax didn't want that.

Specially I get really sad watching Saikano.There are some scenes as spoiler[when Sapporo is destroyed], or when spoiler[Shuji is commenting the world where lives, when Chise is disappearing, and that kind of scenes].

They're also a lot of animes made me sad, but I think that Saikano was the most touching for me.
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 6:03 am Reply with quote
Gotta go with Maison Ikkoku for the most touching. Anytime I get caught up emotionally in a series, it hits high marks. Call me sentimental if you like, but I have a soft spot for the romantic underdog. It's not to say that other things haven't hit high marks for the emotional impact of course, and I'm glad to own those as well.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 2 of 15