• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Please tell me what Anime TV show this is!!!

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darthcrunch

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 12:10 pm Reply with quote
Hello all! I just wanted to come on this forum to ask for some help. I know that there must be people on here far more well-versed than I on this forum that could offer help.

I just wanted to know what cartoon this particular character was from. You can see the image of the character at the top of the home page of this following address:

http://music.for-robots.com/

When I saw this robot, I instantly recognized it from a japanime cartoon I used to watch in the morning before I went to school as a child. I would love it if someone could tell me the name of this show. It was a great cartoon and would love to be able to find out if some company has put the episodes out on DVD. It may be typical anime fare to some, but it's very special to me.

If someone could help me, it would be vastly appreciated.

Thanks,
darthcrunch
Episode 3 is coming!!!!
darthcrunch

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 12:12 pm Reply with quote
I apologize profusely as just after I posted my question/message on this forum, I noted the thread just above it where I could've and should've posted my question.

I humbly apologize.

darthcrunch
The Spatula

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 12:21 pm Reply with quote
TMBounty_Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 1:11 pm Reply with quote
oh my god.......I've been trying to find out what this show is called for a few years now, i watched it as a kid too!!! thanks for posting man!! and thanks to The Spatula for the info! Very Happy
darthcrunch

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 2:15 pm Reply with quote
Thank you so much, spatula. You've been of great help. Not only to me, but to TM Bounty_Hunter, too! You've done your good deed for the day!

Since we're on the topic, anyone seen it lately? Does it hold up after all these years?

It's so weird because when I watched it, it came after the Tom Bakker evangelist show(?!). That was my morning TV viewing for a little while before school on weekdays. It made me late and my mom so mad at me so many times! Ah, the good 'ole days.

Anyway, I will check out for possible DVDs.

I love the internet!!

darthcrunch
The Spatula

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 2:41 pm Reply with quote
I saw the first episode 2 years ago - a friend of mine grew up watching it and happened to have it on tape.

As for it holding up over the years, it's decent, considering the age of the show; however, nostalgia tends to shed things in a more favorable light. I didn't grow up watching Grendizer, but I'd probably feel the same if I ever saw Battle of the Planets again.

Of course, a good story is a good story, even if the animation isn't the greatest.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1