• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Are these fake?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BoundTogetherByString

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:05 am Reply with quote
I need your knowledge, ANN forums. So I'm looking for some DVD of Space Pirate Captain Harlock and I found some but I think they're fake. Harlock is misspelled as Herlock. I know I should know better but I really would some DVDs of Captain Harlock but these are the only ones I could find. Crush my hopes. Are they fake? Does anyone know where I can find real copies?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0031PH65I/ref=s9_simh_gw_p21_d0_g236_i2?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0XJZJY20ZR95H6AF60PA&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000YEEG2/ref=s9_simh_gw_p21_d0_g74_i3?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0XJZJY20ZR95H6AF60PA&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846
Rime of the Ancient Otaku

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:30 am Reply with quote
I just checked ANN's own encyclopedia on Harlock.

...and found this.

So long as Geneon is on it, "Herlock" is legit (unless you have a problem every time someone on screen doesn't call him Harlock...).
jsc315

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:37 am Reply with quote
Yes those are the legit Pioneer Discs. Hard to find but from what I can tell they are the real deal.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Starsplash Taiwan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:42 am Reply with quote
Unless Im mistaken, I dont think you can buy bootlegs on amazon. I could be wrong about that. They are pretty strict about that.

Amazon is usually ok.
supercreep

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:55 am Reply with quote
Starsplash Taiwan wrote:
Unless Im mistaken, I don't think you can buy bootlegs on amazon. I could be wrong about that. They are pretty strict about that.

Amazon is usually ok.

It's true that there has been some crackdown on it, but I've recently (past six months) bought bootlegs from people who swore to me that they didn't know that they were bootlegs. One felt so bad that he gave me a refund and let me keep it.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:32 pm Reply with quote
Amazon itself is usually safe, yes, as in there's big "Add to Cart" button on the left in the item page. Amazon Marketplace sellers on the other hand, which you have to go into "See all buying options" to get to, you should be extremely wary of if you don't want a booted copy.
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:40 pm Reply with quote
Rime of the Ancient Otaku wrote:
I just checked ANN's own encyclopedia on Harlock.

...and found this.

So long as Geneon is on it, "Herlock" is legit (unless you have a problem every time someone on screen doesn't call him Harlock...).

Pretty sure they still pronounce it HARlock in the dub, so you don't even have to worry about that. But if you watch it subbed, I'm pretty sure they read HERlock, so, yeah...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1