News New Sailor Moon Musical Opens in Japan This Fall
posted on 2017-03-20 03:15 EDT
The official website of the Sailor Moon franchise announced on Monday that the next production in the Sailor Moon stage musicals will debut this fall at the AiiA 2.5 Theater Tokyo venue.
The new cast for the Inner Guardians that debuted in last year's Bishōjo Senshi Sailor Moon -Amour Eternal- musical return for this new musical.
- Kaede as Makoto Kino/Sailor Jupiter
- Yume Takeuchi as Ami Mizuno/Sailor Mercury
- Hotaru Nomoto as Usagi Tsukino/Sailor Moon
- Karen Kobayashi as Rei Hino/Sailor Mars
- Rimo Hasegawa as Minako Aino/Sailor Venus
The cast for Tuxedo Mask and the Outer Guardians return from earlier Sailor Moon musicals, with the exception of Karin Takahashi, who played Sailor Saturn. She is replaced by actress Mirai.
- Syu Shiotsuki as Haruka Tenō/Sailor Uranus
- Sayaka Fujioka as Michiru Kaiō/Sailor Neptune
- Mirai as Hotaru Tomoe/Sailor Saturn
- Mikako Ishii as Setsuna Meiō/Sailor Pluto
- Airi Kanda as Chibi-Usa/Sailor Chibi Moon
- Yūga Yamato as Tuxedo Mask/Mamoru Chiba
Bishōjo Senshi Sailor Moon -Amour Eternal- ran in October and November in Tokyo, Fukuoka, and Osaka. A DVD with a filmed performance of the musical shipped on March 15.
The cast of Bishōjo Senshi Sailor Moon -Amour Eternal-, except Kanda, are confirmed to appear in a Sailor Moon musical performance at Houston's Anime Matsuri this April. The one-hour performance is slated for April 7, and the cast will also host Q&A and autograph sessions and will participate in a tea party during the convention.
The Inner Guardian cast for -Amour Eternal- replaced the main cast from Bishōjo Senshi Sailor Moon -Un Nouveau Voyage-, the third new stage play celebrating the manga's 20th anniversary. The former cast graduated after the third musical finished its run. Nomoto is the sixth actress to play the title character in a stage musical, including those who played Sailor Moon in the first string of productions that ran from 1993 to 2005.
Source: Comic Natalie