Burning Kabaddi TV Anime Reveals Promo Video, 2 More Cast Members
posted on by Crystalyn Hodgkins
The manga's story centers on first-year high school student Tatsuya Yoigoshi, a former ace soccer player who dislikes sports. He gets invited to join a team for the contact sport kabaddi. He scoffs at the idea at first but becomes interested after watching a kabaddi practice.
The anime stars:
- Yūma Uchida as Tatsuya Hoigoshi
- Nobuhiko Okamoto as Masato Ohjyo
- Gen Sato as Sōma Azemachi
- Makoto Furukawa as Kei Iura
- Tatsuhisa Suzuki as Kyōhei Misumi
- Shunsuke Takeuchi as Shinji Date
- Shin'ichirō Kamio as Nobutaka Ban
- Wataru Komada as Ryuta Seki
- Ayumu Murase as Yūki Hitomi
- Hiroki Yasumoto as Ayumu Rokugen
- Kenichi Suzumura as Ren Takaya
- Taku Yashiro as Shintarō Kizaki
- Osamu Uchida as Yū Eikura
- Junichi Yanagita as Daisuke Muroya
Kazuya Ichikawa (The World Ends with You the Animation, Clean Freak! Aoyama kun) is directing the anime at TMS Entertainment, in collaboration with Domerica. Yuuko Kakihara (Aikatsu! franchise, Digimon Adventure tri., Cells at Work!) is writing and overseeing the series scripts, and Midori Gotou (Otogi Zoshi, Hozuki's Coolheadedness) is also writing the scripts. Mari Takada (Bakugan: Armored Alliance, Bakugan Battle Planet) is designing the characters. Shōji Hata (The Ancient Magus' Bride, Fairy Tail) is directing the sound, and Ken Itō (Hina Logic - from Luck & Logic, I'm Standing on 1,000,000 Lives.) is composing the music. Stage musical actor and singer Shunya Ōhira performs the opening song "Fire Bird," while the anime's lead cast member Yūma Uchida performs the ending song "Comin' Back."
The manga debuted on Shogakukan's Manga ONE app and Ura Sunday website in 2015. The series ranked on the top 20 list of manga for male readers in the 2017 edition of Takarajimasha's Kono Manga ga Sugoi! (This Manga Is Amazing!) guidebook.