• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Last Exile's New TV Anime to Premiere at Anime Expo

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jrnemanich

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:56 pm Reply with quote
Wish I could attend AX. Hopefully the Last Exile will be amazing.
Splitter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:14 am Reply with quote
jrnemanich wrote:
Wish I could attend AX.

Every year, like clockwork.
Pelianth
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:25 am Reply with quote
I loved the first series, but rather lost interest in this one when they posted character designs of "15 year-olds" who look like they should be carrying around blankies and teddy bears for nappy time. Razz
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:35 am Reply with quote
Last Exile the original series premiered in the same year that I first went to Anime Expo (but not at the con). This year will be my 3rd time at AX so I can't wait for the special screening event. A World Premiere of the new series, not screened in Japan but at Anime Expo, LA, California. So glad I'm going. Could that possibly mean that Range Murata will be a special guest at AX? OMG that would be amazing!
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:19 am Reply with quote
So I guess this means it's a summer season show, good to know. And, since there's no chance of me going to AX I really hope it gets a simulcast!
jsc315

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:12 am Reply with quote
wandering-dreamer wrote:
So I guess this means it's a summer season show, good to know. And, since there's no chance of me going to AX I really hope it gets a simulcast!

With as much news as this has been getting it would think it would almost have to.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jdnation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:07 am Reply with quote
Wow! I loved the first series. Didn't know a sequel was coming out! I look forward to it!
matrixdude

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:13 pm Reply with quote
I'll definitely go and see it, but if he's there I want to ask him why did he decide to make a sequel to a show that had all the loose ends wrapped up in the ending.
Mobius Archer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:44 pm Reply with quote
Pelianth wrote:
I loved the first series, but rather lost interest in this one when they posted character designs of "15 year-olds" who look like they should be carrying around blankies and teddy bears for nappy time. Razz

The character designs on my "Range Murata Edition" boxset look pretty much the same as these new designs. The characters don't look that way in the show though. It might be the same with this new series, so don't get too upset about it. At least not yet Wink
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:49 am Reply with quote
The first animé series' character design was "fake art" thingy, because they make everyone look fat-faced just for the sake of "originality" with nothing actually artistic in this approach.
Cyan Bloodbane

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:43 am Reply with quote
At Anime Expo?

Ugh, while it still pulls in numbers, that con is dead to me. Been going for 10 years too, but 08-10 were the absolute wost con experiences I've ever had.

The only way to fix it is to let the con die, and start over.
Mobius Archer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:03 pm Reply with quote
MaxSouth wrote:
The first animé series' character design was "fake art" thingy, because they make everyone look fat-faced just for the sake of "originality" with nothing actually artistic in this approach.

Im going to have to disagree. The art was very charming, which added to the already charming nature of the show. It all worked together wonderfully. I would say that the show is far more Art than the vast majority of anime out there. That is of course just my opinion though.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:51 am Reply with quote
Wish I were able to go but it's way too far away, can't wait to see this.

Mobius Archer wrote:
MaxSouth wrote:

Im going to have to disagree. The art was very charming, which added to the already charming nature of the show. It all worked together wonderfully. I would say that the show is far more Art than the vast majority of anime out there. That is of course just my opinion though.

Agreed, I've shared this opinion ever since the show first aired. Murata's Last Exile art and that show's adaptations of them was simply fantastic.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1