• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Popple's way of giving out to you.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Popple

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 9:08 pm Reply with quote
Yes I know I'm a new user ladeydada... but as hell I'm not new to anime. Well this website has been good to me and I want to share some places where you can get cheap LEGIT anime dvds (and other stuff aswell) I'm not sure of you know all of these websites so I'll post em here:

www.DEEPdiscountdvd.com (No you don't have to captitalize the first word...) These are great prices! Good/Decent selection. You can probably get your dvds (not box sets) for 16-22 dollars a piece. Now if you want to buy boxes with 1 dvd you can get it around 23 or 24 dollars.

Next on the list is Roberts anime corner store: www.animecornerstore.com -This website probably has one of the best selections ever only to be rivaled by rightstuf. While the dvds aren't as cheap as deepdiscountdvd the selection is awesome. You can get a lot of anime things here not limited to just dvds. Also if you want cartoons this website has a few of them to.

Now we go to www.rightstuf.com. When you think of Roberts anime corner store compared rightstuf its like comparing best buy to suncoast. While bestbuy has cheaper dvds suncoast has a lot more to offer (at more costly rates). But that doesn't do rightstuf justice, if you ever looked through their deals you'd know that you can get stuff here for much cheaper than usual (you just have to look around). But that doesn't say its dvds are expensive, they have them off for 3 or 4 dollars. Now outta the three, rightstuf is my favorite. Why? BECAUSE THE WEEKLY SPECIALS!!! You can literally get a very expensive item for 50 dollars off (hey I saved 100 dollars on only one item!) I mean come on! For the retail price of 420 dollars I got my dvds for a mere 160 dollars! <--(Including shipping) And also if vhs is your thing then you're in for a treat because they have most vhses for 1 buck! And they have bundled deals which will save you even more money! I can't stress how much I like rightstuf.

Well thats all I have to say for now. Wink
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 9:45 pm Reply with quote
Now, the first two links sell bootleg anime, thats why what you saw was so cheap.

The Right Stuff International is also a company that licenses anime, so they can afford to sell other companies anime at a lower price.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Shiki MSHTS

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 9:49 pm Reply with quote
kusanagi-sama wrote:
Now, the first two links sell bootleg anime, thats why what you saw was so cheap.

Acctually, I'm almost positive that deep discount does NOT sell bootlegs. It's something else about it that makes it cheap. The fact that the DVD's take postively forever to come may contribute to the price.

And advertising isn't really allowed on the boards, at least on the general anime discussion...
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
cookie
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 9:52 pm Reply with quote
kusanagi-sama wrote:

The Right Stuff International is also a company that licenses anime, so they can afford to sell other companies anime at a lower price.

No, you are wrong.

Deep Discount DVD is a legitimate store, one which we've linked to many a time before. The store you're thinking of (also with 'discount' in the name) does sell boots... but Deep Discount DVD is legit.

Robert's Anime Store is also a legitimate store, and they are one of our sponsors (look at the bottom of the left sidebar).

I DID move this thread to the retail forum, though, because it fit better over there.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 9:55 pm Reply with quote
Oh, yeah, that was [This URL is a known bootlegging website]. (Interesting little censor this forum has)
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Popple

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 9:59 pm Reply with quote
Oh sorry didn't know that this retail section was for this.
syr

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:34 am Reply with quote
kusanagi-sama wrote:
Interesting little censor this forum has)

They censor for a reason..
JustJon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 1:52 am Reply with quote
Deep Discount is legit, but by not having a brick and mortar presence, they can keep their costs down. On smaller demand items, they may not stock it at all and just order it from the distributer when you order it from them.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1