• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Newspaper: To Love-Ru Darkness Manga Has Anime Planned

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:51 pm Reply with quote
Awesome, now I don't have to go through the hassle of reading the manga. I enjoyed the last 2 series (and the manga), so yay for more fanservice. The one chapter I read from Darkness seems to have a plot, so that's a bonus.
msgundam2

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:10 pm Reply with quote
The manga has nudity and sex fantasies. So how will this air in Tokyo with the new rules in affect.
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:33 pm Reply with quote
msgundam2 wrote:
The manga has nudity and sex fantasies. So how will this air in Tokyo with the new rules in affect.

It's the industry's way of showing that they continue to oppose the ban. First Kampfer (I think or I'm forgetting the other show that was announced shortly after the ban), then Qwaser, and now To Love-Ru Darkness. Prepare for one heck of an ecchi run this year and maybe next year too

Edit: hopefully the cast and staff reprise their roles, though I'm still questioning as to why Peke's seiyuu changed from Satomi Arai to Aki Toyosaki
Kohii

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:04 am Reply with quote
Better get all the ecchi out while they still can.
Cloud668

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:11 am Reply with quote
Kit-Tsukasa wrote:
Edit: hopefully the cast and staff reprise their roles, though I'm still questioning as to why Peke's seiyuu changed from Satomi Arai to Aki Toyosaki

Arai took a break off voice-acting for one month last year. She'll probably be back for Darkness.
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:06 am Reply with quote
Wait, isn't this too fast? The manga currently only has 5 chapters anyway.
Darksorrow29

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:12 am Reply with quote
@MrTerrorist - They never said when, just that they plan one. It could just be an OVA as well. That or for all we know it's 1-2 yrs from now.
Big Hed

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:16 am Reply with quote
Darksorrow29 wrote:
It could just be an OVA as well.

That would make sense, given all the nudity.
Chunx

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:01 am Reply with quote
Kit-Tsukasa wrote:
Quote:
It's the industry's way of showing that they continue to oppose the ban

That does make sense, funnily enough.
Melanchthon

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:28 am Reply with quote
Meanwhile, in a certain fortress tower...

“ISHIHARA!”

A swirl of darkness coalesced into an ancient demon, face sharp with grinning fangs. I turned to him. “Ishihara, we had a deal! You said you would prevent plothole-riddled, misogynistic, boring, fanservice centered anime from getting made! But look at this: To Love Ru is getting another anime adaption! To Love Ru is the worst damn anime I have ever seen. It is offensive to any rational human. It is a show that spends its time lurching from one sexually explicit encounter to the next, all the while celebrating a milquetoast 'hero' that spends his time cheating on his fiancée with other women. We already killed the manga once! And yet it came back as a sequel. You said you would take care of it. I let pass your law, now why is this still here?”

The demon's laughter echoed in the vaulted ceilings. “I decided that it would be better to suck the creativity and life out of the industry. This bill of mine with serve only to prevent your yuri dramas and intelligent coming-of-age stories from being made. There is nothing here than prevents the production of poorly written ecchi comedies, it just means they can not show as much skin as they used to.”

“Ishihara, you tricked me!” The demon's shrill laughter pierced my ears. “Ishihara, this wasn't part of our deal! Ishiharaaaaaaaaaaaaa!”
Juhachi

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:03 am Reply with quote
I'd be happy even if it were a single OAD in the next manga volume, but a TV series would be great once there's enough source material.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1