• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hinako Takanaga to End The Tyrant Falls in Love Manga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
keikanna44

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 1:02 pm Reply with quote
This is the worst news ever in regards to yaoi manga!!!!! Tyrant falls in love is one of my favorite manga's running right now. I don't want it to end!! I knew she was going to do this! The last few chapters have been kind of tieing up loose ends so to speak but I didn't think she would. I'm so depressed now! It's always the good ones that end too soon while the boring ones drag on and on.

Crying or Very sad
poisondusk

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 1:35 pm Reply with quote
Well I'm glad to hear she's finally going to bring it to a conclusion. Much as I enjoy the series, I don't think I want to see it dragged on for another X number of volumes (and really, it was starting to drag on. How many times has Souichi gone through the denial routine now?). Most romance series (especially BL) conclude when the characters overcome their obstacles and get together, and Tyrant really needs that conclusion at this point.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 2:44 pm Reply with quote
As the great performers always say: leave your audience wanting more, not when they want to toss you out! Laughing
rinmackie

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 3:25 pm Reply with quote
Ohh! News about my favorite yaoi! Awesome! Yeah, based on the previous chapters, I kinda got the feeling it was coming to an end. I just hope it's a happy ending! It should be since it looks like a certain secondary character might be getting one as well.

But yes, it's probably for the best that it's ending. Like all good stories should. Hopefully, this means the whole series will be legally released! Very Happy
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 4:48 pm Reply with quote
keikanna44 wrote:
This is the worst news ever in regards to yaoi manga!!!!! Tyrant falls in love is one of my favorite manga's running right now. I don't want it to end!! I knew she was going to do this! The last few chapters have been kind of tieing up loose ends so to speak but I didn't think she would. I'm so depressed now! It's always the good ones that end too soon while the boring ones drag on and on.

Crying or Very sad

It's not bad news. stop baaawing and be happy that you'll be able to read it all.
InnocentSorrow59

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 7:37 pm Reply with quote
TsukasaElkKite wrote:
keikanna44 wrote:

Crying or Very sad

It's not bad news. stop baaawing and be happy that you'll be able to read it all.

>_> Wow. You kinda came off as a jerk.

Anyway, yeah, she/he has a point. It's better this than her making it drag on and on and it being dropped or something bad happening to the mangaka that makes her unable to continue.

This is one of the few yaoi manga I've read that I actually liked. Granted, I'm a yaoi fangirl, but I usually just support pairings in non-yaoi anime and hardly ever go after the canon stuff.
Most yaoi I've heard of usually annoys me due to A.) the men looking WAAAY too much like women. Seriously, there's a line between bishonen and woman. B.) The story is boring.

It wasn't just two guys screwing each other, it had an actual story and the drama was played out wonderfully. The art was nice and the characters are likeable.

I'm going to miss this series.
mfilip96

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:07 pm Reply with quote
The BEST series from this five years .Each time it makes me have the same emotions that I had the first time when I read this manga Embarassed
.Too bad it ended Crying or Very sad But as is said in the comments above :leave your audience wanting more, not when they want to toss you out!
I really hope that Takanaga Hinako will make another GREAT series ^^
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1