• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 4Kids Plans to Release Magical Doremi in 2005

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AstroNerdBoy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 1:15 pm Reply with quote
Well, another title I won't be watching. Razz
Necros Antiquor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 1:38 pm Reply with quote
Shouldn't 4Kids be putting their first magical girl show on TV before attempting to promote their next magical girl show? It hasn't even been proven if this is the kind of show that people will watch, since all 4Kids has done in the past is shonen series. If Mew Mew Power falls through for them and the ratings are bad, they're gonna be stuck with another magical girl show that won't necessarily do any better.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 1:44 pm Reply with quote
4Kids is rather committed to capturing the girl audience. Because they have the financial ability to plunge in with several titles, it makes more sense for them to do that, and then re-evaluate.

Although it could potentially lose them money, it also gives them the opportunity to make more ground into the market at a faster rate.

-t

Last edited by Tempest on Thu Nov 11, 2004 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Angel Lily

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 2:23 pm Reply with quote
If both Mew Mew and this new one succeeds then it may be safe to say that no Magical Girl anime that has yet to be linced will be safe. *Cue horrior movie music*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
GATSU

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 2:42 pm Reply with quote
What makes Magical Doremi unique from the other magical girl shows?
SpeedySwaf

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 3:34 pm Reply with quote
Well, I think it has something to do with that it involves music (hence the title, "Doremi") and it involves these young witches.

Now, as for whether it's good or not, I can't say. But it's had four seasons of 50 or so episodes each, so there's some redeeming quality in there...
Emerje

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 4:12 pm Reply with quote
AstroNerdBoy wrote:
Well, another title I won't be watching. Razz

That's ok since unless you're an 8 year old girl they weren't planning on you watching anyway. Wink

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Hi no Neko

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 5:51 pm Reply with quote
I'll watch it. Sure, 4kids isn't quite the company I was hoping would get it, ADV but it's certainly a lot better than no licensor at all. If we're really lucky, they might make unedited DVDs of this, like with Shaman King and Yu-gi-oh.

I'm personally very glad they're licensing more girl shows, I just can't get enough of them. I wonder which station's going to grab this one? Surprised
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 6:02 pm Reply with quote
Awesome. I can't wait until fanboys start an e-petition to "save" Magical Doremi, a show aimed squarely at 6-year old Japanese girls, from the "evil" 4kids.

Maybe there's an episode about Doremi's friend whose hamster dies, and that means the show is "adult" because it deals with "dark themes like death". Maybe there's another where the villain steamrolls a playground or something and that's super violent which means the creator meant for the show to be watched by MATURE ADULTS and 4kids is going to have to cut that out thereby BEFOULING THE SANCTITY of this 200-episode Japanese toy commercial for grade schoolers.

Let the stupidity commence!
Jkid

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 6:13 pm Reply with quote
4Kids Plans to Release Magical Doremi in 2005

Not good, not good at all.
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 6:15 pm Reply with quote
Meh, I could care less about Doremi to begin with... I'd prefer for 4kids to just state that they will be releasing all of it unedited on DVD, just to stop all the whining. Not that it wouldn't stop somebody from going off - *sigh* some people are never satisfied
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
AffectedAnimeAddict

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 6:25 pm Reply with quote
Will FoxBox air this or KidsWB?...and what about Mew Mew Power?
xskyhighx

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 11:01 pm Reply with quote
Does 4kids come on foxkids? Wasn't Mew Mew Power suppose to have come on foxkids? What's the deal I want to see that! I don't know much about Magical Doremi, but if it's good and is on foxkids I might just watch it, but I really want to know about Mew Mew Power. Does anyone know if it will be on foxkids or playing on somewhere else?
The Ramblin' Wreck

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 11:35 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
Awesome. I can't wait until fanboys start an e-petition to "save" Magical Doremi, a show aimed squarely at 6-year old Japanese girls, from the "evil" 4kids.

Maybe there's an episode about Doremi's friend whose hamster dies, and that means the show is "adult" because it deals with "dark themes like death". Maybe there's another where the villain steamrolls a playground or something and that's super violent which means the creator meant for the show to be watched by MATURE ADULTS and 4kids is going to have to cut that out thereby BEFOULING THE SANCTITY of this 200-episode Japanese toy commercial for grade schoolers.

Agreed, has anyone actually seen Doremi? This show is aimed squarely at the 6-9 year old girl audience. Think of this as trying to capitalize on the Harry Potter phenom.

This would like 4kids releasing something like Dora The Explorer with some people clamoring for uncut DVDs.
Haiseikoh 1973

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 1:38 am Reply with quote
Zac wrote:

Nah, we're waiting for when 4Kids butchers Naruto. Razz

And is it just me, or are they bringing this out to compete with Jetix's W.I.T.C.H.?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3