• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Anime Another with Noizi Ito, P.A. Works Debuts in January

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Banjo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:28 am Reply with quote
if this is not a 13 episode anime then I may chick it out.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:07 am Reply with quote
Banjo wrote:
what's wrong with 13 episode animes? some of the best are...

I'm a little worried though from "Tsutomu Mizushima (Blood-C, XXXHOLiC) will direct the anime at the studio". I've never seen XXHOLiC yet but Blood-C is pretty bad so far.....
doubleO7

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:17 am Reply with quote
It sounds interesting, I hope the anime gets released over here eventually. Honestly though, I'd be more interested in the novel making its way to the english-speaking world, but that probably wont happen...
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:05 am Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
Banjo wrote:

I'm a little worried though from "Tsutomu Mizushima (Blood-C, XXXHOLiC) will direct the anime at the studio". I've never seen XXHOLiC yet but Blood-C is pretty bad so far.....

Mizushima is a fantastic director, it's just that he isn't put on projects that he would do well on. If you look at all the stuff he has done, by far the best of his works are all comedy/wacky shows (Dokuro-chan, Genshiken, Azazel-san, Squid Girl, Legend of Koizumi, Hare Guu). I have absolutely no idea why he's directing Blood C and I have no idea why he would direct this unless it has a lot of comedy.
Sailor S

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:21 pm Reply with quote
I haven't seen True Tears, but every other series that P.A. Works has produced I've found enjoyable, so I'll certainly give this a look when it comes out.
Banjo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:57 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
Banjo wrote:

well if some anime grabs my attention and I end up liking the characters then the longer the better, as long as it doesn't last forever.
Niyari

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:34 pm Reply with quote
Sailor S wrote:
I haven't seen True Tears, but every other series that P.A. Works has produced I've found enjoyable, so I'll certainly give this a look when it comes out.

Yep. Although I love horror so I'm looking forward to it anyways.

Btw I think you're missing out by not watching True Tears (assuming you like drama/romance, anyways).
Matriel

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:43 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Kougeru wrote:
Banjo wrote:

Mizushima is a fantastic director, it's just that he isn't put on projects that he would do well on. If you look at all the stuff he has done, by far the best of his works are all comedy/wacky shows (Dokuro-chan, Genshiken, Azazel-san, Squid Girl, Legend of Koizumi, Hare Guu). I have absolutely no idea why he's directing Blood C and I have no idea why he would direct this unless it has a lot of comedy.

Not to mention that xxxHolic is quite excellent. (I personally loved it anyway.) The anime is in very capable hands as far as I'm concerned.
Getsuga311

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:34 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
Banjo wrote:

yh, seriously dont judge his works from blood-c, it really is sub-par at best (i really did try 2 like it), however, xxxholic is amazing, albeit not everyones cup of tea, and definately a better representation of what he can do with a series given a decent time frame and team and since Another is a 2012 series theres plenty of time to make this one good as well

Quote:

well since its just a single novel i'd say its probably just a single season long, unless its something like Welcome To The NHK and a 24/26 episode series can be had out of it but im not holding my breath for it

also, no mention of the live action film as well? sounds like it may translate well to a LA film, or at least better than most things end up doing
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:47 pm Reply with quote
I'm not familar with the Persona person, but everyone else involved seems like a pretty high quality person. P.A. Works has been on a pretty insane roll recently so this one is definitely on my radar.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1