• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere's 2nd Season Promo Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wrangler

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:07 am Reply with quote
I'm glad their getting their 2nd season, i hope its as good as the first. It felt so-short.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:05 am Reply with quote
Wrangler wrote:
I'm glad their getting their 2nd season, i hope its as good as the first. It felt so-short.

It was always planned to be a split season, as the second was announced while the first was still airing, meaning that waiting for sales to recoup the cost was irrelevant to the decision. The light novels for this series are simply massive, I believe there's enough material for quite a few seasons worth of material, and the second series won't even get us to England and Neito's mother.

Anyway, Summer with all of the returning shows is going to be great.
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:24 am Reply with quote
Happy for those who liked the first season, but for me it was all flash, posturing and psycho-babble Rolling Eyes . I didn't care one iota for any of the characters. I will skip this one and use the time gained watching something else.
JustinGallimore

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:34 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Wrangler wrote:

It was always planned to be a split season, as the second was announced while the first was still airing, meaning that waiting for sales to recoup the cost was irrelevant to the decision. The light novels for this series are simply massive, I believe there's enough material for quite a few seasons worth of material, and the second series won't even get us to England and Neito's mother.

Anyway, Summer with all of the returning shows is going to be great.

The summer is going to be awesome with new anime.
Clyde_Cash

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:59 am Reply with quote
How the hell did this pile of shit get greenlit for a second season? Horizon is [expletive] terrible! Not even weed can polish this turd! It's got no plot! It tries to be too many different shows all at the same time! Tell me how this still got greenlit!

Horizon gets greenlit and FUNimation never bothers to get the rest of Kodocha, much less release the rest of Hellsing Ultimate? Proof that there is no god.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:01 am Reply with quote
Clyde_Cash wrote:
How the hell did this pile of shit get greenlit for a second season? Horizon is [expletive] terrible! Not even weed can polish this turd! It's got no plot! It tries to be too many different shows all at the same time! Tell me how this still got greenlit!

Horizon gets greenlit and FUNimation never bothers to get the rest of Kodocha, much less release the rest of Hellsing Ultimate? Proof that there is no god.

Because it was always planned to have a split season, not based on sales or popularity. You did watch the entire show to form a valid opinion, right?
thaivuN

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:23 am Reply with quote
Hopefully, Horizon gets many more seasons in the next years. Very Happy
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:33 am Reply with quote
Awesome. I knew this already and this summer's going to be a hell a lot of fun.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:21 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Clyde_Cash wrote:

Because it was always planned to have a split season, not based on sales or popularity. You did watch the entire show to form a valid opinion, right?

It has a plot if you read the source materials before hand, you will understand more. It's not make for average viewers and season 1 sells good enough for another season anyway. Almost 20k per bluray.
Mr Sinister

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:26 pm Reply with quote
Omg, YES! SING THE SONG OF VICTORY!

"CAN'T WAIT" ~Bart Scott
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:48 pm Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:
It has a plot if you read the source materials before hand, you will understand more. It's not make for average viewers and season 1 sells good enough for another season anyway. Almost 20k per bluray.

I can understand his viewpoint though, because I felt that way about the series at first, the introductory episodes launch you into the story and offer little in the way of explanation or true world building as you stuck on the floating city ship. As more and more of the world and the conflict is introduced, the pacing and narrative tighten up and it gets easier to sit through. The light novels for Horizon are absolutely massive in size, so there's quite a bit of information to cover. Even if the content is "light", the size is still intimidating.

Wakazhi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:32 pm Reply with quote
People actually watched past the first episode? I was really looking forward to the first season when it was announced. But once I actually watched it, it felt like such good production quality was wasted on such a generic, check-list pandering show with terrible exposition and uninteresting characters. I guess the boobs that were drawn with protractors and hentai-suits kept people watching it. I wish this kind of animation budget would've been put to something that deserves the high-quality but didn't get it, such as something like Spice and Wolf.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:05 pm Reply with quote
Wakazhi wrote:
People actually watched past the first episode? I was really looking forward to the first season when it was announced. But once I actually watched it, it felt like such good production quality was wasted on such a generic, check-list pandering show with terrible exposition and uninteresting characters. I guess the boobs that were drawn with protractors and hentai-suits kept people watching it. I wish this kind of animation budget would've been put to something that deserves the high-quality but didn't get it, such as something like Spice and Wolf.

You'd have to ask Brain's Base and Imagin about that, since Horizon is by Sunrise and it hasn't affected their ability to keep the Gundam flowing.
Westlo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:01 am Reply with quote
Ignorance Central here.

* Complaining that this has a high budget and shows made by other companies don't.
* Saying how did this shit get a second season when it was confirmed to have one from the start
* And ignoring that selling nearly 20,000 copies per volume makes it one of the best selling shows of 2011, it would've got a sequel regardless.

Haterz gonna hate. Proceed to bitch about how this is getting a sequel while an anime you like made by a different company and with different sponsors isn't.
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:48 am Reply with quote
Clyde_Cash wrote:

Let's see....

The books are absolutely massive (LIGHT NOVELS MY ASS!)
It's popular in Japan.
It's in the middle of a series.
Japan =/= North America in taste.

And finally, ~OPINIONS!~

I personally can't wait to see how the do the second half and how much they cover.

That and more Adventures of Ballcap Ninja and Dragon-bot are always welcome.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1