• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Stream - Summer Lovin'

Goto page   Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:12 pm Reply with quote
Not many surprises here. Pretty much figured Natsuyuki would be #1 or near the top here, since those are the types of shows that Bamboo likes the most.

This would be my top 5 so far this season:

1. Dog Days'
2. Sword Art Online
3. Tari Tari
4. KoiChoco
5. Kokoro Connect
d_ace_shines

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:13 pm Reply with quote
no hyouka?
edit: oh I see, sorry.

Space bros is great. and I can't get into arcana famiglia. Don't know why, but I can't even finish watching the 2nd episode Anime dazed

Last edited by d_ace_shines on Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
dandelion_rose

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:18 pm Reply with quote
I'm on episode 3 of Kokoro Connect and I think this show is (on ANN at least) vastly underrated. Give it a chance, people. Don't be turned off by the 'oh noes high school stuff again' aspect -- this is a story with a script that treats its characters like people.

I'll stay on until episode 12 (its final episode) to see if it is still good. This is the only summer season anime I feel that way about.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:18 pm Reply with quote
Jesus christ, Hyouka is not streaming so would you people stop asking for it!?

Anyway, is it REALLY that hard to not massively screw up character relationships?

Quote:
Even when she's asked by her brother, who actually wants to be a professional badminton player, why she wants to sing, she can only stammer her way through a non-answer. It feels like a flabby excuse to shoehorn music into a show about featureless girls.
Read more at animenewsnetwork.com/the-stream/2012-07-24#W4q9cgtQCjO0XHG6.99

Badminton-kun is not her brother. He's not the brother of any of the hers available.

Konatsu does have a younger brother, who looks like a male version of Ohana, but he's also not particularly relevant to the plot.

Also, any review that fails to mention Sawa's MASSIVE amount of swag is a complete failure.
GordanHam

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:21 pm Reply with quote
Complaining about no Binbogami and Aesthetica is totally fair. They been out for over a week.

I really like Tari Tari, and basically went in with the same expectations, but I definitely liked it way more than you. I appreciate and entire paragraph ranting about the Vice Principal. I actually thought she made the show really enjoyable, and despite her being a bitch, I don't think you could say she is for no reason. You said yourself that there is obviously something bugging her from her past.

Really wish you would have stuck with Eureka Seven AO. I get why you dropped it, but it would have been cool if you could have picked it up for the second half again since the first half finished up really well.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:26 pm Reply with quote
I'm curious to see where Rendezvous goes. The ghost concept is interesting, but if it turns into angst companionship battles for 7 or 8 episodes, I'm going to be very put off. I really hope it can do better than what I've come to expect from similar series.
wanderingwilbur

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:39 pm Reply with quote
Hey Fencedude5609 calm down, nobody kicked your dog.
VORTIA
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:41 pm Reply with quote
Wow, Nakaimo not dropped immediately? Woohoo! Take the small victories! Laughing
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
ShinnFlowen

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:46 pm Reply with quote
I can never figure out how which shows Bamboo will enjoy and she does it again with her enjoyment of Muv Luv as well as Kokoro Connect. I wish Bamboo would have a separate rating to show what is her top shows for all new shows starting this season at episode 1 to point a better picture of what newcomers should look forward in regards to entering a season out of the blue.
skyreno4

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:54 pm Reply with quote
There alot good show im liking this season, some that surprise me that i thought i wouldnt like. I will like to see bamboo pick up Horizon Season 2 to see if she like it, review it maybe.

My Top 5 so far this season:

. Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere Season 2
. Kokoro Connect
. Total Eclipse
. Tari Tari
. Humanity Has Declined

Last edited by skyreno4 on Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:54 pm Reply with quote
Ye, it's not too surprising from this latest stream. My favorites so far of the season are (in no order of priority):

Sword Art Online
Kokoro Connect
Muv Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse
Tari Tari
Rinne no Lagrange II
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:02 pm Reply with quote
Glad that Bamboo stuck with Humanity Has Declined; I was worried since (on the ANN cast) she didn't like the first arc. But it's one of my favorites this season! Very Happy

Sticking with:
Natsuyuki Rendezvous, Space Brothers, Polar Bear Cafe, Humanity Has Declined, Moyashimon Returns, Sword Art Online, Hunter x Hunter, Kuroko's Basketball, and Utakoi.

Dropped everything else. :/

dandelion_rose wrote:
I'm on episode 3 of Kokoro Connect and I think this show is (on ANN at least) vastly underrated. Give it a chance, people. Don't be turned off by the 'oh noes high school stuff again' aspect -- this is a story with a script that treats its characters like people.

I'll give Kokoro Connect a second chance since I found the 1st episode rather boring but, hopefully, the next episodes are more interesting. ^__^
Megiddo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:10 pm Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
Badminton-kun is not her brother. He's not the brother of any of the [main girls].

This made me laugh. I wonder if there will ever be anything published on ANN about Tari Tari by someone who actually paid at least enough attention to correctly describe the basics of the show.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:18 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Fencedude5609 wrote:
Badminton-kun is not her brother. He's not the brother of any of the [main girls].

This made me laugh. I wonder if there will ever be anything published on ANN about Tari Tari by someone who actually paid at least enough attention to correctly describe the basics of the show.

But then you wouldn't have such a ripe opportunity to be a condescending dick about it in the forums!
Crisha

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:24 pm Reply with quote
Oh, I'm certain Fencedude could find something to be a condescending dick about. Very Happy

EDIT:
Anyways, I'm currently only watching Natsuyuki Rendezvous, Polar Bear Cafe, and SAO. I'm loving the first two, and the third is addicting in a "just go along for the ride and don't think too hard on the explanations" sort of thing. I have Space Brothers, HYOUKA (man I wish it was streaming), and Moyashimon Returns (once I see the first season) on my plate to watch soon. Bamboo's column has convinced me to look into Utakoi, Humanity Has Declined, and Kokoro Connect (which wasn't even on my radar; thanks Bamboo, you've convinced me to look into it).

I'm still very much enjoying these columns.

Last edited by Crisha on Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page   Next
Page 1 of 23