• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: NIS America Adds Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko TV Anime

Goto page   Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blaizevincent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:18 pm Reply with quote
Awesome! the synopsis for this sounds like exactly a NIS type of show so im looking forward to it
darkhappy1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:23 pm Reply with quote
I just squealed. Oh goodness, oh my, this is exciting. I watched the first three episodes when they first came out, and the charming eccentricity of all the characters is still fresh in my mind.

"She is electric, can I be electric too?" /random lyrics
opn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:23 pm Reply with quote
Nice. I been meaning to try the show out so this is a good reason too.
One-Eye

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:28 pm Reply with quote
Ho, ho this was a nice little show that I liked. Erio is also one of the cutest anime girls ever and I'm not a moe fan either. It also sounds like a good fit for NISA as I never really thought anyone else might pick this one up. It might be a bit too niche for the other companies out there. Hopefully it will get the BD/DVD combo treatment. Not too crazy about the English title they've chosen though, "Electric Wave Girl" would have been fine with me.
Mario1234567

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:37 pm Reply with quote
SON OF A NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! Of all the worst possible things that could happen this is THE. WORST. POSSIBLE. THING!!!!!! Dammit! I wanted this with a dub and fairly priced freak NIS strikes again Damn dude.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
The Count

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:39 pm Reply with quote
Love this title but can't say I'm happy NISA got. To those that enjoy NISA style releases enjoy.
blaizevincent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:41 pm Reply with quote
Mario1234567 wrote:
SON OF A NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! Of all the worst possible things that could happen this is THE. WORST. POSSIBLE. THING!!!!!! Dammit! I wanted this with a dub and fairly priced freak NIS strikes again Damn dude.

i don't get this reaction because if you like the show this much then surely you have seen it. Which means you cant be against watching Subs. Also surely the voices your used to are the Japanese ones.

I didn't mind Oreimo not getting a dub for this exact reason. Because the English voices wouldn't be the ones i was used to
Melicans

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:45 pm Reply with quote
Oh my God, I didn't think this day would ever come! My favourite anime, finally licensed! I don't care how much it is, I MUST BUY!!!!!
Ortensia1980

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:48 pm Reply with quote
Excellent! Really liked this show and NIS box sets are the best so I couldn't be happier right now Very Happy
TD912

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:51 pm Reply with quote
I approve of the English title.

Translating "Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko" directly would have led to a very odd title, something like "Electric Radio Wave Girl and Youthful Man"

While "denpa" literally means "electric wave," it's used to talk about paranoid conspiracy theory people.

"Ground Control to Psychoelectric Girl" makes more sense in English, but it keeps the theme of the original title.

It's like grounding an electrical circuit. Or an air traffic control station trying to guide a "psychoelectric girl" spaceship to land. Or something.
asleeponabench

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:53 pm Reply with quote
Yay! This was one of my favorite series from 2011, and I like NISA's boxsets, so all is good~ I hope it gets the DVD/BD combo treatment, but I'll be getting it regardless Very Happy
Melicans

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:53 pm Reply with quote
TD912 wrote:

"Ground Control to Psychoelectric Girl" makes more sense in English, but it keeps the theme of the original title.

It's like grounding an electrical circuit. Or an air traffic control station trying to guide a "psychoelectric girl" to land.

Or just a really bad pun for fans of David Bowie's "Space Oddity". "Ground control to Major Tom. Commencing countdown, engines on."
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:54 pm Reply with quote
Mario1234567 wrote:
What? Lets see here
Natsume season 1 and 2, 26 episodes hardcover art book.....same price as Sentai films 13-episode collection for Heaven's Memo Pad. How is NIS NOT fair priced? They're probably the FAIREST priced company out there right now in America for anime. No dub means a quick release so Im not complaining, but also probably another reason why they sell so cheap. I love NIS. Also, they did a GREAT job translating the title without ruining it.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:59 pm Reply with quote
Nice pick up. NISA seem to be very selective in what they grab.
Mario1234567

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:02 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
Mario1234567 wrote:
What? Lets see here
Natsume season 1 and 2, 26 episodes hardcover art book.....same price as Sentai films 13-episode collection for Heaven's Memo Pad. How is NIS NOT fair priced? They're probably the FAIREST priced company out there right now in America for anime. No dub means a quick release so Im not complaining, but also probably another reason why they sell so cheap. I love NIS. Also, they did a GREAT job translating the title without ruining it.

Sentai's shows come with English dubs You are not to pay for Fansubs on discs if I bought NIS's show I'll be paying $90 or whatever for a freakin box...

Other guy I have not seen the show. I've seen 1 episode an I loved it. I was like.. i'll wait for a dub if possible I thought Sentai would get it for sure. I was wrong. I hate NIS.. but whatever. I am off to watch Ponies. You know something I don't have to read to fully understand.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page   Next
Page 1 of 12