• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Duplicate Persons.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xuebaochai

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:12 am Reply with quote
前田庸生 is entered as Yasuo Maeda AND Tsuneo Maeda

Tsuneo Maeda is the correct reading according to movie.goo.ne.jp\

EDIT: Nevermind, someone reported it earlier.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:46 am Reply with quote
EmperorBrandon wrote:
wao wrote:
Seiko Sayama
and
Kiyoko Sayama

Seiko has the kanji 佐山聖子 which could possibly be read as Kiyoko (seeing that 聖 can be Sei and Kiyo(shi)) However they are definitely the same. Here are sources for two credits for Kiyoko Sayama which are 佐山聖子

Well, I just sent an error report on this one, but I will also post here as I've found information that appears to clear up the Kiyoko/Seiko problem here. This site appears to be her official website, and the profile on it shows the reading of her given name as "Kiyoko".

I moved all credits to Kiyoko, but the name "Seiko Sayama" remains, for it's a legitimate name and someday someone might bear the name.

Quote:
Mahito TSUJIMURA
Masato TSUJIMURA (misreading)
Naoto TSUJIMURA (misreading)
Source: http://www.geocities.jp/elfia/vtsu/tsuji/tsujimuramahito.html

Same here. I'm still working on 600+ error reports, so I'll only merge them when I see them reported (for now). Took me an hour to finish EB's ten reports. Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Akemi_Idaku

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:15 pm Reply with quote
Is it appropriate to submit Cast or Staff under names like "Sô"? In other words, names that use letters like "ô". I didn't know where to ask this question. It seems to be a problem that arises when other databases list names like that and typically ANN doesn't.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:05 pm Reply with quote
Akemi_Idaku wrote:
Is it appropriate to submit Cast or Staff under names like "Sô"? In other words, names that use letters like "ô". I didn't know where to ask this question. It seems to be a problem that arises when other databases list names like that and typically ANN doesn't.

Personally I discourage using special characters to romanize Japanese names.

Circumflexed vowels (ô) were used as a temporary replacement of the hard-to-type, hard-to-search macroned vowels (ō). While they often appear in other English/Western websites with romanized Japanese names, you don't see them on Japanese websites because circumflexed vowels are letters on the "high" 8-bit character (128-255 decimal, or 80-FF Hex) of the ANSI table, which was used to create half of a 2-byte kanji/kana character in JIS or EUC encodings. To avoid creating unwanted characters, Japanese romanize their long vowel with either "ou," "oh," or simply "o." Read this post for further info.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
xuebaochai

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:52 pm Reply with quote
Yuko /Chikako Takahashi:高橋裕子, a seiyuu and singer

Yuuko Takahashi: 高橋祐子 an animator for studio 4C

Seem to be getting confused. 裕子 is credited with in-between animation in the animatrix and digital juice, credits that should go to 祐子.

Darn, what half a kanji can do.
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:37 pm Reply with quote
Toshihiko Sumi's pen name "Benkyo Tamaoki" (玉置 勉強, also here) has been misread as "Tsuyoshi Tamaoki"--see the copyright here. Additionally, the art style is the same, adjusting for conversion to anime (circumstantial, but helpful).
xuebaochai

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:38 am Reply with quote
The entry for Hiroaki Yoshida is conflating two individuals:
吉田博昭 is a director, directed "Twilight of the Cockroaches"
吉田裕秋 is a voice actor
xuebaochai

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:00 am Reply with quote
It is almost completely certain that the entry for Ken Ishii is conflating two people. That Ken Ishiithe DJ worked in 1966 as a background artist for Tezuka Osamu is somewhat unlikely. Please split.
woelfie
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:42 pm Reply with quote
Tsukasa Kotobuki (correct)
and
Tsukas Kotobuki (typo)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
nlieu

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:26 am Reply with quote
Kenichirou Ohashi (real name)
KENN (alias)
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:14 pm Reply with quote
Akemi_Idaku

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:43 am Reply with quote
Joe ODAGIRI
&
Jo ODAGIRI

One of these names should be his "sometimes credited as" name.
wao

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:31 am Reply with quote
Repeated request: could Akiko Ikeda and Shoko Ikeda be merged pleeease. The real name should be Shoko Ikeda. See KyoAni's own site: http://www.kyotoanimation.co.jp/e/keika/keika_kyoto35.html and http://kyotoanimation.co.jp/data/e/project_e/index.html

...Speaking of which if you look at the last link, Kosho Kitanohara is actually read as Noriyuki Kitanohara. I used to think it was Takamasa...

Here is one to be split: Yuki Miyoshi. One is the mangaka with the given name, the other is the anime staff 三芳唯稀 (use google and you'll immediately come up with his name with Azumanga Daioh ep 7). He works with the same director for Juuousei
Ai no Kareshi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:27 am Reply with quote
Person #55696 (Neinei) and Person #54676 (Nene) should be merged.

The kanji is 寧々. The right name is "Nene" (both romanizations are correct, but Nene is much easier to spell and less likely to confuse contributors).

[edit]
The reason there are two entries is because I did't realize there was already a "nene" when I added "neinei" for the cast of School Days.
[/edit]

PS: Nene has not been credited with a family name.

Last edited by Ai no Kareshi on Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:13 am; edited 1 time in total
woelfie
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:07 pm Reply with quote
Wan-Ju Lee
and
Wan-Ju Li
A google search gives slightly more hits for the latter name, but I'm not sure which one is correct.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 30 of 144