• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Under Ratings

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Asrialys

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:45 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I hope that XSEED plans a release on par with the European deluxe set.

Nope :/
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:46 pm Reply with quote
Final Fantasy has long since been running on nostalgic fumes, made worse by endless sequels to the reviled XIII and marketing strategies for their iOS releases.

Also, yeah, Fist of the North Star more widely available than One Piece. Well Pirate Warriors does lack Freddie Mercury fighting Kenshiro.
PrecisionCrab

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:48 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
This has left many fans upset, and some even claim that this is the last straw for Final Fantasy

Oh ho ho ho, no. The last straw was FF13/Motomu Toriyama. Only Square Enix are retarded enough to place so many high profile titles in a completely incompetent pissant like him. All The Bravest simply confirms what I've been saying all this time: There's not a scotch of talent left in their 1st Production Department.
Primus

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:15 pm Reply with quote
It's a shame that Type-0 has remained Japan-only while tripe like All The Bravest are released worldwide.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:16 pm Reply with quote
There is one game coming out next week I'm getting for sure!

Dat Monogatari artwork
joeysosaaa

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:18 pm Reply with quote
With your track record on "releasing" games, you should make a article stating how there is no way Fate/Stay Night Realta Nua for the PS Vita will never get a North American release *hint hint* Razz
Generic #757858

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:20 pm Reply with quote
joeysosaaa wrote:
With your track record on "releasing" games, you should make a article stating how there is no way Fate/Stay Night Realta Nua for the PS Vita will never get a North American release *hint hint* Razz

2nd SRW OGs would be nice too...
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:22 pm Reply with quote
PrecisionCrab wrote:
Quote:
This has left many fans upset, and some even claim that this is the last straw for Final Fantasy

Oh ho ho ho, no. The last straw was FF13/Motomu Toriyama. Only Square Enix are retarded enough to place so many high profile titles in a completely incompetent pissant like him. All The Bravest simply confirms what I've been saying all this time: There's not a scotch of talent left in their 1st Production Department.

Square Enix has plenty of talent left its just in the hands of an incompetent CEO who pushes for cashgrab games. If SE wants to make games for phones then that's fine but just dont make them like All the Bravery. Why dont they release an english version of Before Crisis for 5 bucks and release it on Steam and Itunes?
GVman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:13 pm Reply with quote
Ken's Rage 2 is only getting digital download release on the PS3 in North America because it isn't receiving an English dub.
NeoStrayCat

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:13 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, a little under-appreciation can go a long way for niche titles that can finally get a localization, and on top of that, I'm still waiting for both of these...

(IDK why 7sixty is being so lazy lately not bringing this out within pointless delays when it should have been out months ago, smh... -_-)

(But at least this is actually coming, and for XBLA, at least this will make me happy until then... :3)
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:43 pm Reply with quote
GVman wrote:
Ken's Rage 2 is only getting digital download release on the PS3 in North America because it isn't receiving an English dub.

Same thing as One Piece, which is getting physical release in Europe.

All it means is that Sony of America is still enforcing their dumb policy that games without a dub can't get approval for a physical release.
PrecisionCrab

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:06 pm Reply with quote
Primus wrote:
It's a shame that Type-0 has remained Japan-only while tripe like All The Bravest are released worldwide.

Type-0 isn't exactly a winner, either. Extremely mediocre gameplay meets stereotypical JRPG story and characters - honestly, the case with Type-0 is just a dab.

People should want Square to bring over good games. Instead, people's expectations have sunk so low that they're begging them to release the lesser of the evils, and to no avail at that. Many game companies/developers are now shadows of their former selves (Bioware for instance). Square dug itself in such a huge shithole that they don't even have a shadow to call their own.
nhat

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:08 pm Reply with quote
PrecisionCrab wrote:
Quote:

Who cares, this isn't on a console and you don't have to buy it.
PrecisionCrab

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:09 pm Reply with quote
nhat wrote:
Who cares, this isn't on a console and you don't have to buy it.

I care. Instead of burning down their homes, I'd rather they spend their efforts on something worthwhile and decent. I may not buy the game, but the fact that they still spent resources on that is disquieting for the future/
BonusStage

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:16 pm Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:
Final Fantasy has long since been running on nostalgic fumes, made worse by endless sequels to the reviled XIII

Confused Why do so many people praise it and it's the third best selling in the franchise if it's so reviled? I found it very enjoyable and fun and so did many other people.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3