• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fate/Zero Anime to Get English Dub, Will Stream on Neon Alley

Goto page   Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Divineking

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:05 pm Reply with quote
I;m glad the show is getting dubbed but dang, they replaced the ENTIRE cast(minus Gilgamesh) for all the VA's from Stay Night? That was an California dub as well so it's really jarring. even weirder since some of those VA's are listed anyway so why not give them their original roles? Looking forward to it none the less.

Also on a somewhat different note, it's interesting Marc Diarson's name is on the list. Did he move to California? Would be pretty cool to have him show up in Cali dubs if it's true. Especially since NY dubs are pretty much dead these days.

Last edited by Divineking on Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
Beized

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:06 pm Reply with quote
Excellent, though I am sad that once again Kate Higgins will not reprise her role as Saber. She was an absolutely perfect fit. Also, Neon Alley =/
VanGosroth

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:10 pm Reply with quote
Wait a second... So people bought the sub only sets for over a thousand dollars and now they will be dubbing it and probably releasing a hybrid set in the future? HAHAHAHAH oh Aniplex.

I sincerely hope they offer a trade up program for those of you who bought the sub sets if a hybrid release is ever made.
thelastgogeta

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:11 pm Reply with quote
Haven't seen Fate/Stay Night or this, but the cast list does look pretty good here (miscasts aside as I have no idea what who any one but Saber is).
agila61

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:13 pm Reply with quote
VanGosroth wrote:
Wait a second... So people bought the sub only sets for over a thousand dollars and now they will be dubbing it and probably releasing a hybrid set in the future? HAHAHAHAH oh Aniplex.

I sincerely hope they offer a trade up program for those of you who bought the sub sets if a hybrid release is ever made.

Neon Alley is paying for the dub ~ its not certain that Aniplex is going to rerelease, but it seems likely.
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:14 pm Reply with quote
that's...interesting. Why would they replace Gilgamesh, Saber, Kotomine, and Kiritsugu's voice actors like that (though at least with Kotomine and Kiritsugu you have the age excuse)? I don't see how the dub cast for Stay Night needed any switching and they were completely fine in their casting. Anyway, at the very least it's nice seeing a dub for the series being released.

Last edited by AiddonValentine on Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
blaizevincent

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:14 pm Reply with quote
WOW JUST WOW!

I can only assume the show will get a DVD only release with the dub as surely they need to help the fans justify importing those sets somehow.

Man oh man i'm so glad i didn't buy those import sets as i would be pissed.

Then again I'm going to buy the Oreimo BD set but having seen it subbed many times i doubt i could ever watch a dub for it anyway
prime_pm

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:21 pm Reply with quote
So, by tally, Saber has been voiced, thus far, by Kate Higgins in the Stay Night TV series, Michelle Ruff in Unlimited Blade Works, and now Kari Wahlgren in Zero. Meanwhile, overseas, Saber's been voiced by Ayako Kawasumi...and that's it.

Was kinda hoping Tony would reprise his role of Lancer, but I don't know if it's the same Lancer from both series, so oh well.

Whatever. This all better lead up to someone bringing Carnival Phantasm over. I don't even care if Jamie Marchi voices Saber in that one. I'm tired of just Youtube.
Omega13

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:23 pm Reply with quote
VanGosroth wrote:

Why would we be interested in trading down to an inferior dub version?
Mirri

Well, let's at least let the first page play relatively nice before the usual suspects appear.

I'm very happy with this announcement and with the trailer other than "(Are you) worthy to be (my master?)" and the way Iri says "reality".

It's a preliminary trailer and the actors always get better at their characters after two to three episodes, so I'm not too worried. I have high hopes, it's unfortunate that I do not have a PS3.

prime_pm wrote:
Was kinda hoping Tony would reprise his role of Lancer, but I don't know if it's the same Lancer from both series, so oh well.

It's not Smile
prime_pm wrote:

Whatever. This all better lead up to someone bringing Carnival Phantasm over. I don't even care if Jamie Marchi voices Saber in that one. I'm tired of just Youtube.

I'd love to have Carnival Phantasm make its way to the U.S.

I know it's a BV title but I've been writing it in on every AoA feedback postcard that I send in.

Last edited by Mirri on Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
daichi383

I don't really see a problem with some people being replaced. IMHO they got swapped out for superior VA's though it is still a surprise that its getting a dub and the old actors were replaced in the first place.
JulieYBM

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:24 pm Reply with quote
Omega13 wrote:
Why would we be interested in trading down to an inferior dub version?

Yeah, espicially when that would mean having to change the audio track manually every time you put the disc in the player.
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:26 pm Reply with quote
daichi383 wrote:
I don't really see a problem with some people being replaced. IMHO they got swapped out for superior VA's though it is still a surprise that its getting a dub and the old actors were replaced in the first place.

The only ones that confuse me are Archer and Kotomine as their original voice actors are in the cast, just not playing their old roles, which is...interesting. Don't get me wrong, GREAT voice cast, but it's just WEIRD
Clyde_Cash

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:29 pm Reply with quote
Really? Changing the voices?

HAVEN'T THEY HEARD OF CONSISTENCY?

Sorry, but Saber's voice will always be Kate Higgins to me.
daichi383

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:31 pm Reply with quote
You're entitled to your opinion but i find it interesting that you think that. Higgins was a good Saber but Kari can pull off the character more convincingly than Higgins did. Hmm... Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page   Next
Page 1 of 11