• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
GAME: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
publicenemy333

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:18 pm Reply with quote
People hated the original Luigi's mansion?

Everyone I knew and I loved it when it came out
belvadeer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:42 pm Reply with quote
publicenemy333 wrote:
People hated the original Luigi's mansion?

Everyone I knew and I loved it when it came out

It received quite a bit of criticism for being too short, having lackluster gameplay and others even labeled it "not a real Mario game" for some reason.
EnigmaticSky

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:10 pm Reply with quote
I can understand reviewing anime-styled games on the site, but Luigi's Mansion seems to be a little out of the realm of stuff for ANN to review. Is there just a dearth of manga/anime for the site to review?

Anyway, I never played the original Luigi's Mansion for GCN. I found the idea of using a vacuum to suck up ghosts stupid as a kid (having not seen Ghost Busters until I was around 13), although I did have a friend that loved the game. I might play this game, but it still doesn't seem particularly interesting to me. Maybe I just have to play it to see the appeal.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:16 pm Reply with quote
EnigmaticSky wrote:
I can understand reviewing anime-styled games on the site, but Luigi's Mansion seems to be a little out of the realm of stuff for ANN to review. Is there just a dearth of manga/anime for the site to review?

Nope, we have plenty. There's a new review up every day.

We review Nintendo mascot stuff because the crossover audience is massive and people who care about anime also seem to really dig Nintendo stuff. It isn't completely irrelevant - these are characters developed by a gigantic Japanese entertainment corporation that have been featured in anime and manga many times. Why restrict ourselves when the audience is so obviously there and the connection between the two is plain as day?

I think purity tests are really silly, but it's not like I don't get your point. However, it's not like we're suddenly reviewing Game of Thrones or something. Then I could see the complaint.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:13 pm Reply with quote
Aren't Mario and company technically anime style in some sense?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1