• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Yuyushiki (TV).

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:59 pm Reply with quote

Yuyushiki
Genre: Slice of Life

Plot: The manga follows the school life of three girls in the data processing club—Yuzuko, Yukari, and Yui.

Episode 1
Wow, this show bought a big smile to my face. Idk why but I find the humor to be funny and the randomness to be both absurd yet entertaining.

The scene with the ipod in the store was kinda funny and so was their teacher. The spoiler[S&M Quiz] part was amazing too! spoiler[YOU ARE 75% Masochistic]. Lol that part just cracked me up but so far, this series definitely was an amusing watch for me Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:03 pm Reply with quote
It was a cute show. When they were walking alongside the river with the grassy field and bridge, I was reminded of the Literary girl scenes from Daily lives of HS boys.
Beltane70

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:21 pm Reply with quote
It was definitely a fun first episode. Yui is going to have her work cut out for her!
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:50 am Reply with quote
Episode 1

I guess this was a nice enough episode, even if the whole all girl thing gets old at times. The episode actually reminded me a lot of the short anime that fire off random jokes that can be funny, like Teekyuu or Ai Mai Mi, especially with the case of when Yuzuko and Yukari were asking to spoiler[hit Yui because she is supposably a masochist].

Of the characters so far, Yui seems the most likable, she is playing the straight man, found it interesting that she thought her friends were being cute. Although Yuzuko seems to be where the more enjoyable elements come from. I do have a bit of a problem with Yukari's character design though, she has her eyes closed fairly often, and the lines are too high and look very strange.

Seems this is a slice of life moe anime, some yuri teasing (all girls school), and with the side of stating interesting trivia. Although their attempts to find their answer seemed a little limited, a few seconds on google (which they seemed to be using) finds a Wikipedia page on the subject.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:35 pm Reply with quote
Not sure why, but Yuzuko tripping and not being able to to say anything was, for me, the funniest part of the show. This will be a nice replacement for GJ-Bu
Parse Error

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:31 am Reply with quote
I felt the first portion of it was a bit dull, but after the eyecatch things started clicking a lot more for me. The characters aren't very appealing to me on their own, but their interactions surrounding the computer theme worked well enough to hold my interest. Presumably the rest of the series will be more focused on this strength, so it seems worth continuing with at the moment.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:55 pm Reply with quote
The ending song is pretty catchy. Well that is all I have to say besides it being a good time waster.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:05 am Reply with quote
Episode 2

"spoiler[I hear that when someone is punched, it hurts the puncher just as much!"]
*proceeds to spoiler[hit Yuzuko with her own fist]*

Hey, they talked about spoiler[boobs, cute dogs, and ice cream], how is that not well wasted time. Oh, and the teacher apparently spoiler[took the third computer to her house], not exactly the perfect role model.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:29 am Reply with quote
I enjoyed the second episode funnier than the first. I had briefly toyed with dropping this title after the first eppie, but decided to check out the second one. Elimination from my viewing schedule has been staved off for the time being.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:52 pm Reply with quote
I think they should rename the club to something like: looking up random facts and then preforming comedy routine based on what we found.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:07 pm Reply with quote
I love the yandere faces made by Yukari and Yuzuko every episode.
dtm42

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:57 pm Reply with quote
The third episode was the best one thus far, and I enjoyed every minute of it. This show may not be brilliant but it is a keeper.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:11 am Reply with quote
Really feels like friends messing around, having the thoughts that might come up. Like what is water really? Well I took High school chemistry so I know those things.

It is just like Lucky Star, just without the otaku thing. Don't know why I did not think of that earlier. I did notice the ED has slight changes for each episode, this one had a snorkel, bugs, and an island.
DKL

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:37 am Reply with quote
This show is killing me.

Also, I'm surprised that the one girl with the blonde hair walked away from episode 3 with her hymen intact.

(I honestly don't know how else to put it... I'm surprised that I even feel the need to put it like this)

Oh, right.

Will be sure to watch next week.

(no troll)
dtm42

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:45 am Reply with quote
Yui (girl with yellowy green hair) is my favourite. I'm so Moe for her.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6