• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Expo 2006

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
v1cious

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:28 pm Reply with quote
damn! the first Ergo Proxy volume's coming out in november? it doesn't even finish in japan til next month.

i guess companies are getting faster.
lyricaldanichan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:52 pm Reply with quote
perhaps i missed this, but will the ED song Paranoid Andriod by Radiohead be in the US dvd version? I am going to guess that this series will end up on [AS]?
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:36 pm Reply with quote
I think her name is spelled Kuriyama, not Kurayama.

Wow Paradise Kiss, I have been waiting on that one for a while, longside xxxHolic, and the FMA movie, I will practically be throwing money at these guys.

Solty Rei, Zipang, Basilisk and Ergo Proxy I have wanted to see as well. Not to mention a certain cheap box-set from Rightstuf.

Last edited by Dargonxtc on Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Area88

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:16 pm Reply with quote
Does Animeigo ever attend these cons anymore?
RezSav

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:21 pm Reply with quote
All these products being picked up by other companies, but the one that everybody wants isn't happening! Where's TMoHS
khryoleoz

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:10 pm Reply with quote
Thank you, Right Stuff, for picking up the remaining half of Super Gals!
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:36 pm Reply with quote
RezSav wrote:
All these products being picked up by other companies, but the one that everybody wants isn't happening! Where's TMoHS

Maybe some of the companies are saving the big ones to announce tomorrow or something? The convention ends tomorrow (Tuesday) right?
biolizard_alpha

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:59 pm Reply with quote
RezSav wrote:

Haruhi just ended it's run in Japan two days ago. Give them some time.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:18 pm Reply with quote
It doesn't matter where a series is in its run. Plenty of series have been licensed while they were running or before the even started to air. Madlax was announced the day before the last episode aired.

To be honest, I'm glad no one announced TMoHS yet. But I want it licensed ASAP after its finished.
Akukaze

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:40 pm Reply with quote
The series that are liscensed right after they finish airing, or right before they finish airing are usually the ones that NA companies don't even need to look at to know they'll sell [reasonably] well Someone mentioned Madlax which is a rehash, I mean, another series in the style of Noir, which (from my understanding) did very well. Even though a lot of fans have a lot of gripes about Bee Train anime, they always seem to garner a lot of fans, so Madlax was a no-brainer.

Haruhi, on the other hand, was a surprise hit, more or less. The novels were almost completely unknown before the anime started airing, and there wasn' anyone "big" working on it, so there was no reason for anyone to anticipate it. And even if Liscensor X started talking to the Japanese powers that be as soon as episode 1 aired, they could very plausibly still be negotiating now. And considering the declining health of the NA market, Liscensor X is going to want to be sure that Haruhi is indeed going to sell, which means seeing at least the first DVD-worth.

I'm willing to bet that either ADV or Geneon (or maybe FUNi, but it isn't really their style) will be making the big announcement at Otakon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:32 pm Reply with quote
If a property is a hot commodity, it's going to fetch a higher price, so the Japan side is going to sit on the title and give to the highest bidder. However, if you've been following along with Answerman columns, American companies have been hesitant about pouncing due to lack of shelf space and limited returns. Granted, if Haruhi flops, I'll run naked down the street,* but the possibility is there and thus the US side will want to wait until the price comes down. So, as they often say in sports, something's gotta give.

*-I won't really do it, but it makes for a strong statement, doesn't it?
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:42 pm Reply with quote
Akukaze wrote:

I'm willing to bet that either ADV or Geneon (or maybe FUNi, but it isn't really their style) will be making the big announcement at Otakon.

FUNI is all over the place, so I would be hesitant to say anything is "not their style".
Someone_II

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:53 pm Reply with quote
on the topic of toonami jetstream
Quote:
IP addresses from outside the US will not be able to connect to the service.
damn them, damn them all! Is really is [as] fix for 12-yearolds. and here i was, looking foward to being able to [legitimently] watch HNG or IGPX (yes i like IGPX for some odd reason) without spending a dime.

...and the sad thing is i live less than 200km fomr the border...
domino

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:13 pm Reply with quote
If they pointed out that MAR and Hikaru no Go were the ones that wouldn't be on TV, does this mean they plan to put Prince of Tennis on TV?

Can't wait to check out the dub ~
ChibiGoku

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:13 am Reply with quote
domino wrote:
If they pointed out that MAR and Hikaru no Go were the ones that wouldn't be on TV, does this mean they plan to put Prince of Tennis on TV?

I think they meant to say MAR and Prince of Tennis. Hikaru No Go, if I remember, is broadcasting somewhere.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8