• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Adds Soubi Yamamoto's This Boy Caught a Merman Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 6:31 am Reply with quote
invalidname wrote:
bs3311 wrote:
Either you were there at the convention and asked more indepth on the question than I did, or your ears are bad because he did not say anything that KOTS audio was Japan's fault.
That guy who livestreams a bunch of sessions from his iPad was there again, at the front of the room, so maybe if we can find his UStream channel, we can get an exact quote.

OK, you know what, I found the stream, and I'm wrong. The stream is here and when asked about it at 27:30, his reply is: "Kids on the Slope, Blu-Ray, episode 11 of the Japanese [emphasis mine] had an audio issue, so we investigated it and we determined we needed to make a new pressing of it, so that's what we're doing right now."

That doesn't clearly assign blame to either the Japanese sources or Section 23's internal processes. On a second listen, the "of the Japanese" reference seems to more clearly be about the nature of the error (it's on the Japanese language track) versus where it came from (perhaps I heard it as "from the Japanese"?)

Anyways, sorry for the mess. Glad to retract it.
bs3311

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 9:10 am Reply with quote
Quote:
That doesn't clearly assign blame to either the Japanese sources or Section 23's internal processes. On a second listen, the "of the Japanese" reference seems to more clearly be about the nature of the error (it's on the Japanese language track) versus where it came from (perhaps I heard it as "from the Japanese"?)

Anyways, sorry for the mess. Glad to retract it.

And i'm sorry if my comment, "then your ears must be bad," offended you. I should have said that differently and more respectable Embarassed

Quote:
That doesn't clearly assign blame to either the Japanese sources or Section 23's internal processes.

but the problem has been around since ADV times, but in a minority of discs. If it was the fault of Section 23, it would have been really commen. Instead it happend on 2 titles from sentai (not counting Tokyo Magnitude because its much more "watchable" even with the error.). But it may be Section 23's fault due to fast releases without looking at the final product, I wish David would have answered my question if there hiring more staff for Section 23. We will just have to wait for Anime Boston and Expo.

And speaking of distribution involving section 23, did you hear about the so called "packaging prototype", that sentai/section 23 is using? It was posted on Sentai's facebook wall blocking a certain packaged series. I bet it will be shown at Anime Expo. I assume it to be for The Garden of Words.
mudduck454

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 12:31 pm Reply with quote
When I glanced at the title, I thought it was the other mermaid show on crunchyroll about the boy who is fishing, and caught the mermaid, it is called Muromi-san, and I was laughing, since the show is halarious.

I have never seen the this boy can fight aliens, but I might have to check it out.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2