• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Cross-Dressing Idol Manga Dolly Kanon Gets Live-Action Show

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:26 pm Reply with quote
Wait, so we have a girl playing as a boy who crossdresses as a girl? Anime dazed

Ya know, this is one of those things where having an anime adaptation is more advantageous in terms of suspension of disbelief.
mdo7

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:36 pm Reply with quote
The chances for this show to get pick up by either Dramafever or Crunchyroll for western audiences to watch is rather low giving that Japan doesn't export lots of J-drama unlike their Korean counterpart (along with their Chinese language counterpart also).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
VORTIA
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:39 pm Reply with quote
Wow, talk about Victor Victoria! Won't the Otokonoko fans completely balk?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:42 pm Reply with quote
At least they found one person to play both roles so there will be actual cross dressing. If this were and anime they would probably have two different voice actors for the male and female versions. It would be interesting to hear if the actress can make the male version believable.
CatzCradle

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:49 pm Reply with quote
Alan45 wrote:
At least they found one person to play both roles so there will be actual cross dressing. If this were and anime they would probably have two different voice actors for the male and female versions. It would be interesting to hear if the actress can make the male version believable.

Actually, in terms of voice-actors, it's more common for female seiyuus to play young boys than actual male seiyuus.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:07 pm Reply with quote
I know, but that doesn't preclude different voice actors. Ranma1/2 for instance had two different women for girl type and boy type Ranma. I expect it depends on the actress's range and how much the director wants to differentiate the two.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:49 pm Reply with quote
Save maybe for the boy cross-dressing, sounds like a Disney/Nick afternoon teen show.
trilaan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:16 am Reply with quote
VORTIA wrote:
Wow, talk about Victor Victoria! Won't the Otokonoko fans completely balk?

A real, live female actress as the lead? Pass! Yup, pretty much balking here. LOL
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1