• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Deadman Wonderland Manga to End in July

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:22 pm Reply with quote
I hate to sound like a broken record but good grief is everything ending!? Maybe we can see a second season for the anime now.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:24 pm Reply with quote
yeah i have to agree with person above me.. it really seems like a lot series are just ending this year.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
KH91

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:32 pm Reply with quote
Agreed. I dont think I've seen this many manga's ending in 1 year since.....ever. lol
cloud8100

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:38 pm Reply with quote
Damn, I thought this would be coming soon Sad. It's a shame, I always really look forward to the chapters. It has been an awesome few years with DMW. I'll miss it when it stops...
Splitter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:44 pm Reply with quote
No surprise. They tied up almost everything in the last chapter. All that's left is to close what few threads remain.
Sakurazuka_Reika

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:46 pm Reply with quote
Now if only somebody would rescue the manga in English. Oh well...
Kerberous

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:47 pm Reply with quote
Not surprised that it's ending. Hope someone decides to license rescue this.

I'm more surprised that people want things to continue till they become complete shit. It had a good run, dudes.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:48 pm Reply with quote
Sakurazuka_Reika wrote:
Now if only somebody would rescue the manga in English. Oh well...

i highly doubt it's going to happen in all honesty, hell future diary needs to picked up as well.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
configspace

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:20 pm Reply with quote
Really hope there's a second or third season for the anime. I haven't read the manga, but the anime was great. Problem is as expected, they build up the story, and then leave you hanging.
vangelionite88

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:40 pm Reply with quote
manga's are ending their runs in the multitudes..... but it either means the authors want to start on fresh mangas or it will give opportunities for other artists to get their work exposed, im sort of glad the dmw manga ended mostly because if they do adapt it into an anime it will have the complete story.... and not veer off into some random ending.
dan9999

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:05 pm Reply with quote
And the good thing is that the anime, ending as it did, despite all the bitching from some of you, allows for a second season with 0 problems, this is the reason why this is THE WAY TO HANDLE this kind of anime and why you cut it at an appropriate point and leave it at that without screwing things, primarily a possible continuation at some point.

Crossing fingers Shingeki follows the same pattern here.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:18 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The manga received a 12-episode television anime adaptation last year, and Funimation released the series in North America on DVD in October.
Pretty sure the anime was two years ago, 2011. To your defense, time is flying by fast >.<

Like veryone else said, I hope this means they'll finish the anime properly someday
Splitter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:19 pm Reply with quote
dan9999 wrote:
And the good thing is that the anime, ending as it did, despite all the bitching from some of you, allows for a second season with 0 problems, this is the reason why this is THE WAY TO HANDLE this kind of anime and why you cut it at an appropriate point and leave it at that without screwing things, primarily a possible continuation at some point.

Yeah... except for ***MANGA SPOILERS*** spoiler[the anime never introduced Azami so the direct continuation from where the anime ended is completely screwed up given she plays an integral role to the "forgeries" in the next arc and it's not going to have the same effect if they introduce her then and there. It will have no resounding meaning for Ganta whatsoever since he never met her prior to then.]

So other than that complete botch job, zero hassle!
StormSky92

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:42 pm Reply with quote
Although a lot of series are ending, that probably means that a new series by all these authors should be coming by the beginning of next year. I'd rather see a new story start than continuing a series that has clearly reached an end point.
KENZICHI

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:50 pm Reply with quote
Wow! I gotta catch up! I haven't read the chapters since the last English language book released. I LOOOVE the art style!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2