• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Otakon 2013 - Funimation

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sailor S

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:17 am Reply with quote
Quote:
More Fairy Tail has been licensed as well, all the way up to episode 165, which is all that's currently available.

Small correction, there's 175 eps of Fairy Tail, so Funi has all 175.
ajr

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:31 am Reply with quote
So, Bandai USA license rescues, Bebop bluray, Wolf Children in November (plus other helpful reminders of what Funimation's been up to).
Quote:
"...Once Bandai took a look at the first episode, they said, “We can't sell these spaceships.” "
Ha, that's funny Smile
Nayu

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:34 am Reply with quote
Nice airplane clipart. I feel nostalgic for 1998 now. Razz
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:32 pm Reply with quote
It's hilarious how one of the most best regarded anime of all time started out from a complete cash grab idea. funny how things work ain't it?
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:31 pm Reply with quote
Were there any new announcements out of the other three Funi panels over the weekend?

Quote:
Another special guest was announced, Masayuki Ozaki from Sunrise. He was there to introduce the title acquisitions that were announced earlier at the Sunrise panel, including [...] Crest of the Stars, Banner of the Stars, Banner of the Stars II, and Passage of the Stars - Birth.

So Banner III is still on-track to never see a R1 release? That's disappointing, but maybe they can surprise us with it being bonus episodes, like Passage.
Clyde_Cash

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:18 pm Reply with quote
So Bebop, Code Geass, Escaflowne, Witch Hunter Robin, and Outlaw Star were rescued?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJbmB9k2Y88
Covnam

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:09 pm Reply with quote
bglassbrook wrote:

Quote:
Another special guest was announced, Masayuki Ozaki from Sunrise. He was there to introduce the title acquisitions that were announced earlier at the Sunrise panel, including [...] Crest of the Stars, Banner of the Stars, Banner of the Stars II, and Passage of the Stars - Birth.

So Banner III is still on-track to never see a R1 release? That's disappointing, but maybe they can surprise us with it being bonus episodes, like Passage.

I hope they got it as well and it was just left off the list since it wasn't a re-license. It would seem odd to pick up so much of the show and not get what was left unless it was part of some package deal.

I wonder if any other license rescues will be seeing a BD release as Escaflowne got one. Along similar lines, I wonder if Funi will be releasing the remastered Outlaw Star. Those would probably be worth a re-buy for me.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1