• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Lightning Returns Samurai Costume Set Previewed in Videos

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Twilightmaster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:27 pm Reply with quote
I can't say I'm terribly excited about this game, or playing dress up with Lightning. Guess I'll at least try a demo of it before I completely knock it, but I'm still a little glad this is the last entry in this set.

And really, they couldn't program a sheath for any of her costumes? huh...
Kurohei

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:38 pm Reply with quote
Will these cost $5.99 each? Because who ever came up with the insane prices on JRPG costumes is crazy. I'm looking at you Tales of Graces f....
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:24 pm Reply with quote
Kurohei wrote:
Will these cost $5.99 each? Because who ever came up with the insane prices on JRPG costumes is crazy. I'm looking at you Tales of Graces f....

I usually don't buy costumes for games. I mean, they're just costumes lol. I would prefer to play my game in the outfits presented by the actual creator of the story and not some funny swimsuit dlc (im looking at you tales of xillia)
Omega13

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:10 am Reply with quote
Ambimunch wrote:
Kurohei wrote:

I usually don't buy costumes for games. I mean, they're just costumes lol. I would prefer to play my game in the outfits presented by the actual creator of the story and not some funny swimsuit dlc (im looking at you tales of xillia)

Most costumes are just for appearances, and the prices for those (anything above free, IMO) just isn't worth it, but the costume system here is explicitly noted to affect your stats and combat abilities. I'm sure the game will be plenty doable with the inherent gear available, but I could understand someone being tempted by seeing a DLC costume with 'makes your character look good, and BTW, is totally overpowered against boss X you're having trouble with'.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1