• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Singer Misono Drops Plans to Retire From Entertainment

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:30 pm Reply with quote
Her original announcement was irresponsible, but I'm glad she's continuing.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:05 pm Reply with quote
Murder, She wrote:

During a mini concert at the event, she said, "I got scolded by my agency about various comments that I had made."

"If I talk about this, I will be scolded by my agency. Sorry." Her agency confirmed her intentions to continue working in entertainment.

J-entertainers are mere employees working for their boss agencies. Their careers aren't really theirs to control.
yu3lora

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:37 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
Murder, She wrote:

During a mini concert at the event, she said, "I got scolded by my agency about various comments that I had made."

"If I talk about this, I will be scolded by my agency. Sorry." Her agency confirmed her intentions to continue working in entertainment.

J-entertainers are mere employees working for their boss agencies. Their careers aren't really theirs to control.

Yeah I agree. Their somehow like puppets though. But that's how the work flows.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:50 am Reply with quote
yu3lora wrote:
enurtsol wrote:
Murder, She wrote:

Yeah I agree. Their somehow like puppets though. But that's how the work flows.

Yeah, Agencies are employer. They find entertainers works, give them managers, and promote them. You can always go without any agency, but it would be hard to get jobs unless you are very famous.
GhostShell

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:52 am Reply with quote
Sounds like her contract wasn't quite finished.
jr240483

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:47 am Reply with quote
mewpudding101 wrote:
Her original announcement was irresponsible, but I'm glad she's continuing.

irresponsible my backside.

i have a nasty feeling her agency forced her to not retire. kinda the difference between the enterainment sides of over there and the US. though i am glad she is still continuing, it wont be right for everyone if their forcing her. if she wants to retire and do something new, she have the right to do so. it kinda makes me glad i am not involved in the entertainment industry. especially the japaneese entertainment industry.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1