• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fate/Zero's Aoki Helms Nitro+ & Urobuchi's Aldnoah.Zero TV Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:07 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The first key visual is debuting at the Shibuya Q's wall display in Tokyo on Sunday, and it will then be at Animate stores nationwide starting February 18.

Whelp the fact they are using Animate to market this show means its not for me.
jet_

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:13 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
Quote:
The first key visual is debuting at the Shibuya Q's wall display in Tokyo on Sunday, and it will then be at Animate stores nationwide starting February 18.

Why?
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:14 pm Reply with quote
jet_ wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:
Quote:

Why?

http://www.dannychoo.com/en/post/26774/Fujoshi+Shops+Tokyo.html

Animate is fujoshi central... if your show is aimed at fujoshis, its the place you go to market it. I'm not interested in fujoshi stuff so that tells me its not a show for me.
gedata

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:22 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
jet_ wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:
Quote:

Why?

Animate is fujoshi central... if your show is aimed at fujoshis, its the place you go to market it. I'm not interested in fujoshi stuff so that tells me its not a show for me.

would it kill you to at least see a preview or character art before making judgement calls? This is flipping ridiculous.
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:52 pm Reply with quote
[quote="gedata"]
RyanSaotome wrote:
jet_ wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:
Quote:

Why?

I don't exactly agree with what Ryan is saying but what he said about Animate is true and that quote did make me feel like this show might be aimed at females. I certainly hope so. I was trusting on Buddy Complex to be my mecha show with bishies but it's been a disappointment in story so far.
drdr48

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:50 pm Reply with quote
LOL!

What with this guy and the title "Zero"?! Anime hyper

Anyway, best writer in the industry and one of the best directors, but why, WHY A-1?!

One of the WORST studios in industry.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:59 pm Reply with quote
drdr48 wrote:
LOL!

Anyway, best writer in the industry and one of the best directors, but why, WHY A-1?!

Whats wrong with A-1? They put out consistently high quality and popular anime. Do you dislike them because they are Aniplexs pet studio or something? (people seem to hate everything Aniplex these days)
Divineking

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:30 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
drdr48 wrote:
LOL!

Whats wrong with A-1? They put out consistently high quality and popular anime. Do you dislike them because they are Aniplexs pet studio or something? (people seem to hate everything Aniplex these days)

Popular yes. High quality? Their good with dramas and the like but their recent track record with action shows leaves much to be desired in terms of quality. And I'm not talking animation though they've had issues with that too.

This will probably be good though since Urobuchi is behind it and his track record is still good. I doubt it'll be the "Gundam killer" A1 proclaims it will be.
danilo07

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:32 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

The animation in their shows is usually very inconsistent.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:12 pm Reply with quote
I'm guessing this might have mecha themes in it? If that case, sign me up! Also can't wait to see a PV.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:15 pm Reply with quote
Looks like it may be a mech show and with that staff behind it I'll be very interested. Hell, I may not judge it until I see at least some character art!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:48 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:

Whelp the fact they are using Animate to market this show means its not for me. Animate is fujoshi central... if your show is aimed at fujoshis, its the place you go to market it. I'm not interested in fujoshi stuff so that tells me its not a show for me.

you don't make sense. You mean you won't watch any show that airs the trailer in Animate stores? Like Koruko's basket, Magi, K, Fate Zero, etc?

I don't i love Koruko, i guess that mean i love girl shows.
Zatheyll

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:23 pm Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:

Whelp the fact they are using Animate to market this show means its not for me. Animate is fujoshi central... if your show is aimed at fujoshis, its the place you go to market it. I'm not interested in fujoshi stuff so that tells me its not a show for me.

you don't make sense. You mean you won't watch any show that airs the trailer in Animate stores? Like Koruko's basket, Magi, K, Fate Zero, etc?

Kuroko's Basket is definitely fujoshi. K too (though I still love it).

I agree on Magi (though that's the type of show that gets promoted everywhere because it's so big) and Fate/Zero though.

Also on A-1, their quality is everywhere, but it's probably because they are such a big studio. With Urobuchi helming it I believe they're probably going to put their entire budget behind the show meaning we can expect high quality and a great story (because Urobuchi).
StormVanguard

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:55 pm Reply with quote
Zatheyll wrote:
Spotlesseden wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:

Kuroko's Basket is definitely fujoshi. K too (though I still love it).

I agree on Magi (though that's the type of show that gets promoted everywhere because it's so big) and Fate/Zero though.

Also on A-1, their quality is everywhere, but it's probably because they are such a big studio. With Urobuchi helming it I believe they're probably going to put their entire budget behind the show meaning we can expect high quality and a great story (because Urobuchi).

It might gather a fujoshi following but i don't even like basketball and i'm totally hooked, it doesn't really cater to the fujoshi crowd though. I get the feeling the show was written with no gender in mind really, it's just good fun for everyone.

As for Urobutcher...
Every bishie spoiler[would die while being held in the arms of another bishie with there shirts off while almost uttering the words, "i love you" before the planet bishounen explodes. And every bishie ceases to exist except for one that's stuck in a alternative dimension on the planet bishounen that's called planet bishoujo!] It would be pure hell for that poor bishie..
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:30 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
drdr48 wrote:
LOL!

I love A-1. To be fair, people dont dislike Aniplex..they just dislike their pricing/practices in America where they offer the same amount/quality of product for twice the price people like NIS America do. Their idea that everyone is Japanese is not good for the industry. They do have good franchise in their palms though, and A-1 is a constant source of that.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2