• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Kill la Kill Episodes 13-24 Streaming

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:01 am Reply with quote
Nui also kinda pissed me off in this show but KLK is still one of my favorites from the Fall lineup that carried into the Winter. I just love the characters, story, music, and of course action.

Looking forward to the OVA and what Trigger has to offer in the future.

DON'T LOSEEEEEEEE YOUR WAYYYYYYY
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Toriko36

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:06 am Reply with quote
I've only watched the first episode and it was enough for me to want to wait until a Blu Ray release. This show needs to be seen in HD and from what I saw and have been reading, certainly warrants a marathon session or two.

Looking forward to a NA release within the next year or so!
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:17 am Reply with quote
Nui was actually one of my favorite characters. I don't know why people seem to hate her. I mean she's insane, but that make her endearing.

When a shows only complain is that the villains are bad, then you know you've got a great show and it is a great show. One of my favorite anime now. Even with all of the fanservice (which I typically avoid)

Also Ragyo groping everyone actually plays into her character. spoiler[ by groping Satsuki she's able to show dominance over her. It's a power play to try and weaken her morale while coming off as incredibly creepy and it works!]

Anyway it's a fantastic show and I found myself really drawn to the Elite Four especially Gamagoori! If anyone dropped it in the first half I recommend watching at least a couple episodes of the second half to get a better feel of the series.
gedata

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:18 am Reply with quote
>A Rating for animation

Come on, much of the show felt slide-showish. Really, characters don't move as much as they just slide/float around on screen, how's that A worthy?

Last edited by gedata on Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Angel'sArcanum

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:22 am Reply with quote
Ragyo I actually kinda liked but Nui was just repulsive. She's not a quality "love to hate" villain made with dedication like Dio from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, she's like Dilandau from Escaflowne; just downright annoying to the point where you want to strangle them, nothing coy about it, just full on hatred.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Janitor Tzap

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:11 pm Reply with quote
Yeah,

The saving grace of this show is it's frantic speed. Laughing

The drawings very from one episode to another.
Quote:
>A Rating for animation
And yes, I agree.
This does not warrant an A rating.

The story reminds me of much slower moving shows.
But not with as many twists and turns to the plot.

Does it have re-watch ability?

Hmmm..........
It works on the one episode a week level, to keep the viewer interested enough to tune in for the next episode.

But I don't know if I could stand to do a marathon viewing of it. Rolling Eyes

Signed: Janitor Tzap
king 47

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:19 pm Reply with quote
gedata wrote:
>A Rating for animation

I only saw two or three episodes before dropping the show, but I agree that from what I've seen the animation wasn't all that. While they might have improved, I doubt they changed all that much.
I have been seeing very weird ratings on ANN, especially for animation.
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:29 pm Reply with quote
I think the thing about the animation is if its their style, or just a lack of budget. I personally believe its the style of animation that was chosen, not by force. But of course I could be wrong. But, if it is style, it gets an A for originality.
prime_pm

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:31 pm Reply with quote
A truly great series I'm glad I stuck with all the way to the incredible end.

Now for the OVA!
v1cious

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:31 pm Reply with quote
Yeah... While I absolutely loved this series, even I have to admit the animation was a B+ at best. If anything, this series shows just how imagination triumphs over a small budget.

That said... Definitely a great start for Trigger. Their next project has me skeptical, but they have the staff pull off something good. I expect big things from them in the future.

Last edited by v1cious on Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Animehermit

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:33 pm Reply with quote
king 47 wrote:
gedata wrote:
>A Rating for animation

I only saw two or three episodes before dropping the show, but I agree that from what I've seen the animation wasn't all that. While they might have improved, I doubt they changed all that much.

"I haven't even watched the batch of episodes this review covers, but I'll disagree with the review anyway"
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:35 pm Reply with quote
I have to say personally that I wasn't very blown away by the animation. Especially that one CG battle at the beginning between Ryuko and Satsuki. That was so obvious and took me out of the "magic circle."
Hawkmoth

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:40 pm Reply with quote
I'm very glad Trigger is going to be able to continue with this being successful but I didn't watch more than an episode of it, despite looking forward to it. Looking forward to LWA 2 still!
jet_

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:58 pm Reply with quote
Sigh... If you didn't watch the show past the first couple of episodes, don't comment on a review that's about the second half of the series.

The second half of the series had some really good 2D sequences and a very good 3DCG sequence.

Last edited by jet_ on Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
king 47

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:58 pm Reply with quote
animehermit wrote:
king 47 wrote:
gedata wrote:
>A Rating for animation

"I haven't even watched the batch of episodes this review covers, but I'll disagree with the review anyway"

But I didn't disagree with the review. I just said that the beginning of the show had very bad animation and that I found some very weird ratings.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10