• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Marvel Disk Wars: The Avengers Anime Launches X-Men Arc

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thekingsdinner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:57 pm Reply with quote
Lol, I wish just thinking about an X-Men arc yesterday and telling my brother it'd be cool if they did that. Hell yes, can't wait!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
gloverrandal

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:17 pm Reply with quote
The inclusion of Surge has me hoping we'll see more New Mutants like Dust and Elixir, or maybe even Tag and Mercury which would be great to see, which is entirely possible given some of the really obscure characters they've included so far like Dinah Soar.

Disk Wars has been really fun so far. It has some of the best representations and respectfulness for some of these characters ever. Making King Cobra a noticeable threat, letting Janet shine as a character beyond "Hank's wife". It's really nice.

I'm just waiting to see the other kids gain more heroes like Akira already has. Letting them gain a few of the X-Men would be great. I'm hoping there will be a incident later where one of the villains they've captured tries to make a deal with the kids that they will help them out and fight for them or something. Would add another nice dynamic to it.
GATSU

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:22 pm Reply with quote
What'll it take to get an anime Silver Surfer and/or Alpha Flight in there?
JulieYBM

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:41 pm Reply with quote
Tate Naoki is the animation supervisor for Episode #16, so I expect the quality of the action cuts will be pretty good, at least. Koga Tsuyoshi is the episode director and providing the storyboard. He and Tate Naoki collaborated on the stupendous One Piece Episode #420, where Tate and the other key animators used character models created by Tate specifically for that episode. Hopefully Tate can do similar here.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1