• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 4th Persona 4 the Golden Animation Blu-ray/DVD Comes With New Episode

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:37 am Reply with quote
Ah so Adachi will be a focus on this special episode. That's interesting since I liked his role so far in Golden.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Derook

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:55 am Reply with quote
So that episode is going to be the "bad ending" from the game. cool
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:41 am Reply with quote
I know the game has been out for a while, but using that image as a thumbnail might constitute a big spoiler for people who have yet to play the game or watch the first anime.
Suiseiten

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:21 pm Reply with quote
I look forward to seeing it if we get the chance to. The new bad ending really made my skin crawl and to see the main become basically a henchman in the end mixed with that somewhat open ending was a nice shock. Admittedly, I was kinda shocked that they didn't tackle it someway in the regular part of the series.spoiler[Such as, at least some sort of hint toward the meeting at the station where he's basically given the ultimatum of setting fire to the evidence that could have been Adachi's ending.]

In the end, I'm looking forward to it and seeing if we get this new episode. I'm just hoping that the season won't be completely expensive though. My wallet's still weeping over spending almost sixty bucks on the first Persona 3 movie from Aniplex USA. Anime cry
shi666san

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:42 pm Reply with quote
Pepperidge wrote:
I know the game has been out for a while, but using that image as a thumbnail might constitute a big spoiler for people who have yet to play the game or watch the first anime.

The original game's been out for over 6 years already. That seems like a good enough time to talk about it/report on it without too many fears of spoiling it for other people. Now, if it had barely been released a few months ago, then it's understandable to be wary of spoilers.
EricJ2

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:55 pm Reply with quote
shi666san wrote:
Pepperidge wrote:

The original game's been out for over 6 years already.

On Playstation 2. As for "Only a few months ago", that would be the download-only PS3 Network upgrade version, which came out last fall. I don't recall when Golden came out, but think that was last year.
I played the PS2--halfway through, of course--five years ago, and am currently playing the upgrade now. As soon as I can get past that stupid gay bathhouse.

I consider myself rather knowledgable on the Persona-verse as it is, and even I'M asking folks to keep their big yapping mouths shut.
shi666san

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:44 pm Reply with quote
EricJ2 wrote:
shi666san wrote:
Pepperidge wrote:

The original game's been out for over 6 years already.

On Playstation 2. As for "Only a few months ago", that would be the download-only PS3 Network upgrade version, which came out last fall. I don't recall when Golden came out, but think that was last year.
I played the PS2--halfway through, of course--five years ago, and am currently playing the upgrade now. As soon as I can get past that stupid gay bathhouse.

I consider myself rather knowledgable on the Persona-verse as it is, and even I'M asking folks to keep their big yapping mouths shut.

Although it did come out on the PS2, many people hadn't abandoned their system yet even when the PS3 had already been out for 2 years. That still doesn't change the fact that the game was released and had been readily available for the past 6 years.

Golden was released in 2012. In June for Japan; November for the U.S.

Having played through all of the Persona games (with the exception of Q and P4U2), I consider myself fairly knowledgeable about the series as well; however, my expertise or anything of the sort has nothing to do with my belief that the game has been out long enough that there's really no need to be wary of possible spoilers.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1