• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Korean Live-Action Absolute Boyfriend Drama Coming to DramaFever

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aquasakura

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:30 pm Reply with quote
I remember this manga from a while back when I use to read Shojo Beat. I had fun reading it even though I didn't start from the beginning. If it's possible I may give this drama show a try.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Manga
poonk

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:11 pm Reply with quote
It's airing this year even though they haven't announced the male lead yet? I wouldn't hold my breath.

I'd like to see a link to an actual source besides DramaFever* (who are not involved in the production of the show, I'm assuming) because I haven't seen this "news" announced/discussed anywhere else (besides threads about the old 2011 rumors).

I'll watch it if/when it actually happens, though. Smile

(*which is just an article about fans' "dream casting" for Night, so basically just pure speculation.)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
mdo7

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:58 pm Reply with quote
ANN wrote:
Thanks to mdo for the news tip

You're welcome ANN

Since the story of Absolute Boyfriend the main female lead is in her 30's, that mean the male lead will have to be in late 20's, or in 30's. But I'm not sure who would fit so I thought about of having Lee Min-ho to play the main lead (Night Tenjo):

For Soshi Asamoto:

Mir of MBLAQ seem to resemble Soshi:

Problem is Mir never acted in a drama unlik his band mate, Lee Joon. So look like Lee Joon is going to give him acting advice.

oh and Poonk I don't know if you heard about this, Liar Game is going to get a K-drama remake.

here's my cast for a K-drama remake of Liar Game:

Seohyun of Girls Generation as Nao Kanzaki

I can accept Oh Hayoung of Apink to play as Nao Kanzaki

Both Seohyun and HaYoung are both academically smart, so I thought those 2 can probably fit Nao Kanazaki.

Akiyama Shinichi, I think I might know couple of actors that might fit the character:

Kim Soo-Hyun

Kyuhyun of Super Junior

I can also accept Donghae of Super Junior:

Seungri of BigBang

Those are the only actor that might fit the male lead for a K-drama adaptation of Liar Game.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
poonk

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:05 pm Reply with quote
mdo7, did you actually watch the original Liar Game J-drama? I didn't, which is why I'm not going to comment on it in the thread for Absolute Boyfriend K-drama. Which I'm still not convinced is actual news and not fan speculation, quite honestly.
mdo7

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:19 pm Reply with quote
poonk wrote:
mdo7, did you actually watch the original Liar Game J-drama? I didn't, which is why I'm not going to comment on it in the thread for Absolute Boyfriend K-drama. Which I'm still not convinced is actual news and not fan speculation, quite honestly.

I'm planning to watch Liar Game J-drama on CR soon. I got a lot to watch, so I don't know when can I find the time to watch it. But as I said, it's just my fantasy cast for the K-drama.
Nurul23

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:20 am Reply with quote
Just finished watching Taiwanese version of Absolute Boyfriend.
I cried at last. It is SOO sad Anime cry Anime cry Anime cry . In the Japanese version, it's too short and although there's a lovey-dovey kind of atmosphere, still not enough. But still, I cried a river. spoiler[ Watching a recording of his last moment, *sniff* *sniff* and still asking u to smile even though he's gone. ] Who wouldn't cry a river if ur Absolute Boyfriend died like that and still wishes u happiness.

I think that Gong Yoo from Coffee Prince should be Night because he's not just a very good actor. Look at the body and face. *drooling* Besides, the Night from both Taiwanese and Japanese version bodies a little tan and muscular. Perfect with Gong Yoo. Have u seen him in The Suspect? That body especially when he's been tortured. ANYWAY, as for the female lead, I heard that Jeon Ji-Hyun from My Love From The Stars has been considering but that's past news. But considering her role in MLFTS is a big success. Why not in this Korean remake of Absolute Boyfriend??
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1