• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Triage X Anime's Cast, Staff, April Debut Revealed

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:16 am Reply with quote
Oh another show revealed for April. Hmm. I'm not keeping high hopes for this one yet but who knows, maybe we could see some surprises. I think there are at least 20 chapters or so to adapt so I'm expecting 1 cour for now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:29 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Oh another show revealed for April. Hmm. I'm not keeping high hopes for this one yet but who knows, maybe we could see some surprises. I think there are at least 20 chapters or so to adapt so I'm expecting 1 cour for now.

According to MAL the manga started on May 2009. If we assume that every monthly release of Dragon Age included a manga chapter, that adds up to 66 months (or 66 chapters). Theoretically enough for a 2-cour (though I believe will be a 1-cour, with the announcement of another 1-cour should the show be popular enough to warrant it).

ANN wrote:
Xebec

Yes! Xebec is one of the studios that knows how to animate Ecchi in a good way

Last edited by Hameyadea on Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:41 am; edited 2 times in total
FrameFreeze100

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:29 am Reply with quote
I hope FUNimation can acquire it and give it a simuldub. Will be interesting to see if TPTB will hand over uncensored video masters (AT-X broadcast version I assume) for a situation like this if they're being paid more.

*Unless the AT-X broadcast version is also censored to try and get more Blu-ray sales later on...
the-antihero

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:35 am Reply with quote
Hurray for boobies!!
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:03 am Reply with quote
I'm not interested in the series but I'm glad Kenji Akabane is getting more work. And I'm glad it isn't Yoshitsugu Matsuoka again either. I like the guy's voice but he's everywhere so its nice to see another upcoming seiyuu getting a chance.
Monumension

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:33 am Reply with quote
Finally something for those of us who thought Highschool of the Dead was too sophisticated and classy and didn't have enough fanservice, heh.
Hawkwing

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:46 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Under the leadership of the hospital chairman, a handful of staff members and local teenagers form a group of mercenary assassins, targeting the "cancers" of society and excising those individuals before their wickedness spreads.

Directed by anons from 4chan. Laughing
Kruszer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:15 pm Reply with quote
I thought about checking out the manga once, but since it's getting an anime I'll just watch that.
KutovoiAnton

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:21 pm Reply with quote
It's good that Akabane is having more roles. Although I seriously doubt tat I'll watch this show.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:55 pm Reply with quote
Looking forward to this.

I think this might be even more fun as an anime if they have a good budget for the crazy action to go with the fanservice.

FrameFreeze100 wrote:
I hope FUNimation can acquire it and give it a simuldub. Will be interesting to see if TPTB will hand over uncensored video masters (AT-X broadcast version I assume) for a situation like this if they're being paid more.

*Unless the AT-X broadcast version is also censored to try and get more Blu-ray sales later on...

That would be cool, would love to see that. I imagine it'll be either Funimation or Sentai (who did HOTD).
configspace

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:07 pm Reply with quote
FrameFreeze100 wrote:

I doubt an uncensored version will be handed out to Funi, especially since it's a Kadokawa show and they're responsible for the dvd-only/very late-BD releases Funi puts out. It would be the first instance for an AT-X broadcast (assuming it's uncensored there, which it may not be) and a nice surprise though.

However, there are always changes on home video. So a simuldub means at least rechecking and possibly re-editing/syncing the dub again for the home video version. Sometimes there are major changes like High school DxD New which got a few minutes of extra scenes per episode.
CallumKeyblade

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:43 pm Reply with quote
Hameyadea wrote:
Stark700 wrote:

According to MAL the manga started on May 2009. If we assume that every monthly release of Dragon Age included a manga chapter, that adds up to 66 months (or 66 chapters). Theoretically enough for a 2-cour (though I believe will be a 1-cour, with the announcement of another 1-cour should the show be popular enough to warrant it).

The chapter numbering is a bit annoying to work out as they aren't just numerically listed. However there are 9 volumes out in Japan so definitely enough for a 2 cour if the studio is confident enough in the series. I think there is an end of a story arc at the end of volume 4 though so I'd guess that may be the ending of the anime. (Which is a shame as I really enjoyed the story arc that followed)
kevinx59

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:43 pm Reply with quote
Hmmm. I was kind of hoping Madhouse would animate this but Xebec shows are fun so I'll definitely check this out.
relyat08

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:44 pm Reply with quote
Monumension wrote:
Finally something for those of us who thought Highschool of the Dead was too sophisticated and classy and didn't have enough fanservice, heh.

And that is exactly why I will watch this. Unabashed fanservice is the best kind of fanservice. If it doesn't give a F*** about being anything else than it becomes much easier to watch, in my opinion. Very Happy Twisted Evil Cool
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:12 pm Reply with quote
At least it won't be attracting the same kind of "but this is nothing like my World War 28 Romeros Later" idiots, so the show and its fanservice can be enjoyed in peace.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2